Treasure Classifieds Forum

Full Version: CTX 3030
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Hey guys been awhile since my last post. I've been out of detecting for about a year now and getting back in. This is my question, I've got a guy on treasure depot that's got a CTX for sale. Says the detector is 3 years old, just got it back from Minelab with a new screen put in and a clean bill of health. Cosmetically it looks pretty good, the wireless module is missing the rubber cover. Says it's never been submerged and comes with the stock coil, 6 inch coil, and 17 inch coil, and gray ghost headphones. $1300 is his price. Is this a good price? Thanks so much for your input in advance guys and thanks for such a great forum of experienced guys that don't mind lending a hand!!
(11-08-2016 11:40 AM)Firedigger109 Wrote: [ -> ]Hey guys been awhile since my last post. I've been out of detecting for about a year now and getting back in. This is my question, I've got a guy on treasure depot that's got a CTX for sale. Says the detector is 3 years old, just got it back from Minelab with a new screen put in and a clean bill of health. Cosmetically it looks pretty good, the wireless module is missing the rubber cover. Says it's never been submerged and comes with the stock coil, 6 inch coil, and 17 inch coil, and gray ghost headphones. $1300 is his price. Is this a good price? Thanks so much for your input in advance guys and thanks for such a great forum of experienced guys that don't mind lending a hand!!

$1,300 is a VERY good price. Maybe too good, IMO Wink

Just me, and my personal viewpoint, but I wouldn't spend anything more than $600 or $700 on a used detector without a warranty. Especially a CTX, which would be extremely pricey to fix if something went bust. On the other hand...

I've known many guys who bought higher priced machines with no warranties, and they were fine. But it's really a roll of the dice, and how much you're comfortable with risking.

What was the reason a new screen had to be put in? I would ask, as that's critically important. The package you mentioned, with the added 6" coil, 17" coil & GG headphones would be over $2,000 if new, if my math is correct. That's a big drop in price for a 3 year old machine, not to mention all of the extras it comes with.

I'd research the machine and seller quite closely, and you may also want to get the unit's serial number. Then, call Minelab and see what the actual story on the machine is.

Joe
Ditto on Joe's post. Might I add that if he just got it back from Minelab the warranty may be extended a bit , at least on the items they have repaired/replaced.
Good deal with the coils you have listed , you won't need anything else.
Thanks so much for the advice Joe. He said that the screen had some dead pixels in it and he sent it back in and had it fixed as well as checked out before the warranty expired.
Reference URL's