Treasure Classifieds Forum

Full Version: New Tumbler
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
My old tumbler from Harbor Freight broke after about 4 years. It was worth every penny of the $40 I originally paid though. So, picked up a new one today. They had a sale, $30! 

Joe
Can't beat the price!!  Nice score!!
Gotta love Harbor Freight. About 3 years ago I bought a $9.00 angle grinder and it still runs great.Hey for 9 bucks I'll get another if it breaks.
Love Harbor Freight , buy my groves there.Did you have a coupon for 20-25% off.
(10-08-2013 03:01 PM)CTChris Wrote: [ -> ]Gotta love Harbor Freight. About 3 years ago I bought a $9.00 angle grinder and it still runs great.Hey for 9 bucks I'll get another if it breaks.

Yep, my sentiments exactly, Chris! Their stuff is so inexpensive, even if it lasts 2 or 3 years, one gets their monies worth...and you can always simply buy another Wink

I ran 2 old coins last night along with a batch of clad. One had a brown rust type of discoloration that wouldn't come out with soap & water. It cleaned up looking brand new. The other was a barber quarter that looks to have been damaged in a fire. That one still came out looking beat-up, but, much better than it went in. The value of a tumbler! Photos of before & after below...

Joe
Hey Joe,
Coins are looking good. What are you using to tumble with? (fish gravel)or something else.

Bob
Joe... Can't thank you enough for posting this~ I just back into md'ing, found some coins the other day~nothing special~ that had concrete barnacles on them. Others were grubby and wouldn't scrub clean. I was fixing to get on here and ask what y'all use and wa-laa! there you were showing us. We frequent HF and I'll be buying one. Hope they still have that sale going.
mary
It might be too late as I just noticed this thread but here's a heads-up for you at HF. Be sure to check the box with the tumbler for additional drive belts. After reading all the crappy reviews about broken belts , I bought a bag of replacements only to find the newer units have replacements that come with the tumbler in the box and there's no notification in the specs. It's a good idea to remove the 4 screws that hold the motor cover plate and examine the inner works. Two of the fins were broken off of the motor fan on mine and the drive belt pulleys were way out of alignment but I didn't discover this until the first belt broke after about the second month I had it and I do 2 or 3 loads a month. Making sure those pulleys are in alignment makes it run much better and it's an easy eyeball adjustment. That was well over a year ago and I've had no belt issues since.
Thanks for the info, Dusty Happy Fortunately, mine seems to be working fine. As to replacement belts, there WAS some rubber bands that came in the box (which I saved), but, I thought they were for the perimeter of the tumbler can itself. I gotta look now, as I might've been wrong. Appreciate that!

Joe
I think the dual tumbler is only $50 on sale.
Heard about the breaking belts. Probably due to misalignment as mentioned. Also read, the o-ring sewing machine belts work. Other companies  also make larger o-rings for many products that would work as well.
Pages: 1 2
Reference URL's