Treasure Classifieds Forum

Full Version: Found gold ring with green stone.
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
I Recently went hunting with my friend. We spent all day at several beaches. We found the normal junk, clad, sinkers and I found the only sweetest for the day.

I found this early, couple of hours after starting. We hunt hard, trying to learn the ends and outs. Many times we go all day, with nothing to brag about or at least worth investment and efforts. But, jewels like this brings happiness and it is still be treasured on my wife's finger.

We both are using excals his stock. Mine with detech 12x10 coil and Gray ghost amphibians. The headphones are comfortable and mixed emotions on the coil. It gets unstable at times and has more drag in the water.
But it got great coverage, and goes as deep or possibly deeper than stock in certain environments. Sounds like i need another machine huh?

I do have another machine, that i will be trying soon. My CZ20 comparing it with the excal. I know it is a great machine and had proven itself on land with the deepest silver. But i can't bring two machine in the summer heat. Afraid the heat will destroy it leaving in vehicle. Maybe this winter.

What happened, is I started out beach hunting with my sovereign elite and it did so well, I have never given the cz20 a chance to proof itself. I was afraid i was going to get my sovereign wet, so i purchased the water version excal.

I really have faith in all three of the machines mentioned.

Anyway, back to the ring. After getting it home i do not think it is a fresh drop. Stone and ring was dirty. Actually the ring looks even better than this picture and this picture is after a few cleanings.

Shore is always changing I have seen it almost ever time i visit. Mother nature uncovered this, and located it in my path i select.

I believe its a numbers game and being at the right place at the right time. Most items aren't deep. Few exceptions.

Hope everyone enjoys viewing and please leave comments.

[attachment=8977]

Forgot, I was stung by a stringray. But tough it out, and continue hunting. Pain lasted 4 hours. More on this later.
Beautiful ring, Up!!! How shallow was it? In the wet or dry sand? Congratulations on a nice score Yes

I've never used an Excal, or even a Sov, however, I did use a CZ20 for quite a while. Really, all 3 are considered the kings of the beach for metal detecting, and one can't go wrong with either, but, I can only speak of the CZ...

It is SUPER easy to set up, and you can leave the box mounted on the rod, hip mount it, or wear it bandolero style across your chest, which is what I always preferred.

The tones are super smooth, and if you set the discrim on the lower end (2 or 3) to knock out smaller iron, any signal that's scratchy, fuzzy or broken is normally junk, but I dug the deeper sounding broken signals usually, hoping for a broken chain, which, as you know, can often sound like a $hitty signal. 99% of the time however, if the signal is degraded, it's junk.

The machine is SUPER deep, especially when pushing the higher sensitivity settings, although it can become a bit erratic if set too high, or the sand is difficult. The modulated audio is fantastic, and when you hear the purr of a nice, clean low tone, you cannot miss it. Be careful on the higher sensitivity settings, as at the max numbers, one isn't really gaining more depth, only amplifying the deeper signals, which therefore eliminates the modulated audio, however, if your hearing is an issue, or if you prefer having deeper targets sound louder, it might work for you.

Machine has a pretty good battery life, and no coil issues like being buoyant, etc.

As all CZ's do, it can have problems on calling deep iron good targets, but with enough practice and digging, you can eliminate a lot of that, though not all.

Let us know how the CZ compares to the Excal, as I've always wanted an Excal myself, so your report will come in handy.

Joe
That's truly an exquisite ring Updown, and I'm mighty happy that you recovered it, as I'm sure is your wife. Kinda like having an open air jewelry store. The stone is really a beautiful shade of green and looks to me like Peridot, my favorite. But whatever it is, it's a gorgeous find. Congratulations.  You and Joe lost me on the tech talk, but I try to remember what posters say in case I ever get the chance to move up.
Very Nice ring! Cool
Thanks guys for your comments. Joe it sounds like you know the cz20 well. At one time it was my favorite machine on land. Just because I got use to the sweet sound you mentioned and pulled some deep silver. I also like running the sound low using it to determine depth. Low sound, right tone, and small area of detection. You know there is a good chance its a keeper!

After a while. I thought getting the sovereign with a meter might help me by giving me more details of the signal and help out by cherry picking trashy areas. Not sure it or I achieved it any better than the cz20. I often wonder if the nulling on iron masks the good signal trying to peek through. I did some testing but not enough to know for sure. Anyway, the sovereign has found sweeties for me and I like the machine.

But the Fisher Cz20 without all the extra has amazed me in it's depth, sound and it's ability to slice through iron and trash. Deepest silver and most silver came from this machine. But I have dug some deep trash with this machine too. It is Strong and that is with a 8 inch coil! Air test the best too.

Yes, I heard about minelab's not air testing well, and I have dug deeper coins than minelab's air test but I think I have done that with my other machines too. Hmm, something to think about.

As I stated before, I want to compare both machine in a beach environment. No doubt, both machines can get the job done on the beach. We both know guys that are using one or the other and doing well. But I want to know for myself.

Found the ring in wet sand, upper beach that had couple of feet of erosion. It's 14k 2.7 grams and not sure about the stone. Shadeseeker mentioned Peridot. It might be. Regardless it nice and my wife likes it.

Good luck to everyone and I hope you find something nice too. Please post it, I would love to see and comment on it. HH!
Nice RING Up! Congrats! I'm with Shade on the tech talk.

Ed
What a great ring , congrats on such an awesome find. I think peridot may be correct , it is my daughter's birthstone so I have had some exposure to those.
   It is always such a great feeling to look in that scoop or that plug and see a ring in there , it always makes me happy to see someone dig one . (Maybe a little jealous too)Tongue
   The tech talk is always appreciated , even though with two kids an upgrade from the AT Pro is quite unlikely.
  Thanks for sharing such a great find , I am sure your wife is thrilled with it.
HH
Pat
Congratulations on a very cool ring!
Beautiful ring! Looks like a Banner to me!
Gerry
Congrats on a beautiful ring. Sucks a stingray got you, best I've ever gotten was a nip on the toe by a crab and maybe a jellyfish. But stingray? Jeeze. That's intense.
Best of luck out there and HH
Zach
Pages: 1 2
Reference URL's