Treasure Classifieds Forum

Full Version: Conductivity Chart
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
Yup, those are low pull tab/foil/can slaw/nickel numbers.
I do dig plenty of them but after say 20 or so it gets tough to continue.
I have the Explorer II, it's display screen is cut in half on a diagonal line from top right to bottom left - I find gold in the middle of both conductive/ferrous line.
I also have to switch screens to see the numbers so it takes a longer to investigate but it works and I am happy with what I find
Ed, the gold chains I have found were balled up but you are right - if the chain is lying straight out you can't find it. Sone will signal on the clasp if it is big enough you might get lucky
My Tip (what I learned on my own) : when in the field test a piece of gold you have. - wedding band is on your hand right.....remember the numbers and where it hits on the display.....
I recently used an 18kt gold engagement ring without the stone - it was very thin - it tested at 19 00 and 17 00 - into the field and after about thirty minutes I got a 17 00 and dug it - it was a gold plated heart charm with a door for a small picture - very worn for being in the soil for very long time.
No brag - just saying you have to test - re-test and have patience - good luck
(11-15-2016 01:46 PM)Bigtony Wrote: [ -> ]Yup, those are low pull tab/foil/can slaw/nickel numbers.
I do dig plenty of them but after say 20 or so it gets tough to continue.
I have the Explorer II, it's display screen is cut in half on a diagonal line from top right to bottom left - I find gold in the middle of both conductive/ferrous line.
I also have to switch screens to see the numbers so it takes a longer to investigate but it works and I am happy with what I find
Ed, the gold chains I have found were balled up but you are right - if the chain is lying straight out you can't find it. Sone will signal on the clasp if it is big enough you might get lucky
My Tip (what I learned on my own) : when in the field test a piece of gold you have. - wedding band is on your hand right.....remember the numbers and where it hits on the display.....
I recently used an 18kt gold engagement ring without the stone - it was very thin - it tested at 19 00 and 17 00 - into the field and after about thirty minutes I got a 17 00 and dug it - it was a gold plated heart charm with a door for a small picture - very worn for being in the soil for very long time.
No brag - just saying you have to test - re-test and have patience - good luck

Big T,

I'll keep that 17 and 19 stuff in mind. My SE Pro is pretty toasted. I can use it, but I'm very limited from not being able to notch it down or discriminate. Which really isn't a great problem. I'm thinking of either sending it in or going with an Etrac/CTX, although Etrac still holds my bet as it will work with all the coils I have. And coils cost a lot of money.

Ed
Ed, one thing to consider is that some guys complain the CTX doesn't have enough coils like Etrac or Exp do.
Also another guy posted that all of these machines (we are talking about) miss targets, which is crazy but he probably is right. That is why I keep going over the same old ground (Pink Floyd said that) but in different conditions.
I have considered the CTX but right now spending that much to dig coins in a park is holding me back.
Pages: 1 2
Reference URL's