Treasure Classifieds Forum

Full Version: Great app to locate who owns fields
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
I learned of a new app today for cell phones and maybe computers, not sure. It's onx hunt! Sadly, it's a 7 day trial period. But it's awesome. It will tell you everything. Acres, property lines, who owns it, where the taxes go so you can find where the owner of the fields live and so on. I just recieved a new permission yesterday so I wanted to find and see all the fields he owns, and it was so easy and awesome. One of his fields has a different name, so I looked at the tax address and it is indeed the same guys house.
Sadly, at the end it's 29.99 for the year for your state or 100 for the whole us for the year. Either way, 7 days is plenty for me to do research around my area and further using it and getting names and addresses for promising fields.
Also, In no way am I telling you to use the app or advertising. Just wanted to share something that helped me out and will help me out tons!
If you decide to try it and use it, best of luck to you and happy hunting.
Time to sleep as I'm detecting at sun up!
Gl & HH
Zach
It's nice that you have found one of those property apps that you can use in your research Zach. They are a great source for making permissions easier to get.
I use one here called webGIS.net and it's tailored to specific counties in Va. It may be available in your area too. The beauty of it all is that it's totally free. And the best part is the layers you can add---roads, building footprints, contours, bodies of water, and it even lets you  superimpose old aerial photos onto the maps. Like you said, just click and the owner's name and address pop right up.
Cool App but i'm a bit shy on going up to ask people its pretty easy to those I know but this 340 pound man gets squirly when it comes to knocking on doors.
Gonna look it up, sounds very interesting Yes To be sure, I don't hunt as many private yards or homes as I'd like, but an app like that can come in real handy for the times I do, or even when wanting to hunt a wooded parcel out in the sticks. $29, to me, while a bit rich, would be a good investment, as long as I used it at least a handful of times per year.

Joe
Reference URL's