Treasure Classifieds Forum

Full Version: Hello everyone
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
I'm a retired electrician. I use a Garrett AT Pro, Garrett pinpointer AT, Lesche Digger, and a Home Depot trenching shovel. I'm a newbie detectorist .  I'm presently researching my local area to try to find some old spots to find silver coins .  I do have a problem with cyatic pain from a herniated disk which affects my Detecting ability. So far I'm just putting up with the pain.
Hello Dirty Hands! It was a nice surprise to see a new member introducing himself when I checked in this morning. We are glad to have you with us. Look all around the site and then jump right in with comments, questions and finds. There are a lot of seasoned MDers here and every one of them will be glad to answer questions, offer tips, and solve problems, and they will want to see what you're finding too. We have a number of members in Ohio, some not too far from you. So you will be in friendly company here.
Welcome DH try http://www.historicaerials.com it will only get you back to 52 but thats old enough to find some silver sites. And Happy Hunting!
Welcome aboard Dirtyhands. We look forward to hearing your stories and wishing you lots of success.
Welcome aboard from NE Ohio (Olmsted Falls)! Sciatic pain is a real Bi$%@ ! From my experience, never try putting a 6 cylinder engine block into the back of your pickup truck, (by yourself), if you ever want to stand upright and look at the sky again! Ice packs work real good. Lots of them. But all kidding aside, you have a great machine and the motivation, all you need is the location and some more experience. That money clip is a great start and only the beginning of a long and pleasant journey which will help the pain go away!

Ed/Ohio Dirt Fisher
Hi, DH. Welcome to the community. If you're looking for silver coins, easiest route to go, without doing much research, would simply be to head to the oldest parks where you live, or any large swath of woods in your roundabout area. Either will give up plenty of old coins if the locations saw activity within the past 50 years or so.

As Cladjunky pointed out, HistoricAerials.com should be bookmarked on your computer, and referenced as often as possible when scouting new locations. It won't tell you if old coins are present at the sites, but will provide a ton of great maps/aerial photos so you can decide if a location holds potential, or if it's likely gonna be a dud.

Main thing in the beginning is, hunt as often as you can, and dig as much as you can, so the routine becomes second nature and you learn the in's & out's of your machine.

Good luck on your journey Yes

Joe
Welcome to the forum from south jersey! I use the at pro with the tornado coil, awesome upgrade for fields. If you have any questions about researching your area or your detector..send me a pm and I'll help the best I can.
Best of luck and happy hunting,
zach
Glad to have you in the forums.
Welcome from SE Michigan . You have great equipment all you need is to put the time in learning it. 
   The old parks are a great idea and if you are digging good plugs try door knocking at some older houses. It can be a bit intimidating at first , but if you can get onto ground no one else has detected before you might make some great discoveries.
   GL & HH 
Pat
Reference URL's