Treasure Classifieds Forum

Full Version: Looks like a money clip?
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
I  found this a couple of days ago . It looks some what like a money clip but I'm not sure . It's about 2 inches long.
I believe you nailed the ID on that item. Looks like a standard beveled guide and a spring-like retainer underneath. Now, who is Brock? Personalized finds add an extra dimension to detecting. Nice find Dirty Hands!
(11-14-2016 12:00 PM)shadeseeker Wrote: [ -> ]I believe you nailed the ID on that item. Looks like a standard beveled guide and a spring-like retainer underneath. Now, who is Brock? Personalized finds add an extra dimension to detecting. Nice find Dirty Hands!

Thanks for the quick reply. I'm still unsure because the clip on the  back is not very tight.  You'd have to have a big wad of money before it would hold any and then the clip doesn't retain much tension.  It may be made  from brass because it does not attract a magnet.  It is  very easy to deform the clip and make the gap permanently wider. Maybe the clip lost its ability to hold tension from  being in the ground.
(11-14-2016 12:00 PM)shadeseeker Wrote: [ -> ]I believe you nailed the ID on that item. Looks like a standard beveled guide and a spring-like retainer underneath. Now, who is Brock? Personalized finds add an extra dimension to detecting. Nice find Dirty Hands!

I agree on the personalized item sentiment. While just being the first person to touch something that's been hiding in the ground for the past 50 or 100+ years is amazing on its own, any type of personal identification on a piece adds to it's history & mystique. Good call on the clip, Shade Yes
I think you got it right on the money clip too! Nice catch Dirty Hands!

Ed
Now I am wondering... Was that clip really empty hmmm. Nice find I would hit that area alittle slower on the swing with very little disc for max depth perhaps he dropped more then the clip!
I concur, looks like a money clip. Nice find too.
Thanks for all the replies. I guess I'll call it a money clip. Oh,  and about whether there was any money in it well,  none of you will will ever know for sure! Will you ?
Reference URL's