Treasure Classifieds Forum

Full Version: Digs Since October
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
I took the entire Summer off from detecting, and started hunting again towards the end of September. It's been a terrible season here due to a severe drought we're experiencing, so, not many good spots to hit due to the terrible ground conditions.

The finds in the photo are a hodgepodge of digs I've found since late September/early October.

Luckily, Gerry and I have been hunting a very old place lately, where the targets are not too deep, which is an extremely rare scenario for these parts. If it wasn't for this one spot in particular, I might only have a third of the silver coins pictured.

As you can see, I got a few more lead figurines: The racehorse & the man with the hat.

Goodnight Missus Calabash, wherever you are...
All that out of some dry dry soil? alittle xmas spirit also I see.. gratz on just getting out and dirty.
Right on Joe

nice spread of coins & relics Yes

BeerBeer
Nice catches on the silver and the class ring! That's not too bad for dry soil and I love that old double edged shaving razor! That's a real vintage piece. Yes You might be in an old hobo camp with the Rosie and the Washington thrown in for extra measure! Anywhere near RR tracks?

Ed
That old razor is pretty neat. Got some cool stuff there.
Ooo rings! Ooo coins! Ooooo everything! Nice collection the time period. Keep at it and best of luck!
Nice mix of finds Joe.
Gerry
Nice work Joe. It appears the lay-off didn't affect your hunting skills at all. There is a little bit of something for every taste in that assortment.  Some of the younger folks might be amused to learn that I have used a razor like the one you found. I guess that pegs me as a real old timer. Any ID's on the class ring? and how old? That's a great discovery.
(11-14-2016 08:22 PM)Ohio Dirt Fisher Wrote: [ -> ]Nice catches on the silver and the class ring! That's not too bad for dry soil and I love that old double edged shaving razor! That's a real vintage piece. Yes You might be in an old hobo camp with the Rosie and the Washington thrown in for extra measure! Anywhere near RR tracks?

Ed

Ed, the razor, Washington and the lead figurines all came from a private yard. Everything else is from a honey hole Gerry and I have been hitting, with the exception of the Barber quarter, which is the one coin I found before getting the heave-ho at that park I posted about.

(11-14-2016 10:47 PM)shadeseeker Wrote: [ -> ]Nice work Joe. It appears the lay-off didn't affect your hunting skills at all. There is a little bit of something for every taste in that assortment.  Some of the younger folks might be amused to learn that I have used a razor like the one you found. I guess that pegs me as a real old timer. Any ID's on the class ring? and how old? That's a great discovery.

The razor is actually one of my favorite finds out of the bunch, Shade. Never found one like that before, and the condition is amazing. It isn't too old, I'm guessing 50's or 60's, give or take a decade or so. The brand is GEM. Anyone ever use that particular model?

As I was eyeballing it after digging it up, I was marveled by the craftsmanship of it. I mean, there's silver in it, it's damn heavy, and built like a tank. Razors today are plastic crapola. This thing is like a work of art. Now I know why father's used to pass razor's down to their son's. Try doing that with a Bic! Chuckle

That isn't a class ring, just a gold plated junker, but when it came out of the hole, my butt cheeks sure did pucker up for a few seconds. Whatcha call a fugazy, lol.
Nice finds and you have all kinds of goodies. Silvers, lead figures, RINGS and relics. Congratulations on the sweetness.

Is that a musket ball?
Pages: 1 2
Reference URL's