Treasure Classifieds Forum

Full Version: Colonial silver coin, hopefully. Mangled and melted.
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
Was trying to get a ID first before I posted but no luck so far. I think maybe a kg2 shilling but I'm not sure. The bust faces left and at the 9:00 section of the coin it has the letters us going clockwise, possibly vus. I thought I saw 1774 at first or at least a 17 below the bust off to the right. Don't think it could be a I or a T but I suppose it's always possible. Any info is appreciated. That was the extent of today's finds from me besides some Wheaties, a unknown toasted copper and a unknown relic.
James got 2 musketballs and 2 buttons and a 1817 LC
HH and best of luck,
Zach
That's a shame it's in such condition but it's still a FANTASTIC find! I don't deal with those kind of coins up here so I got no idea! There are a few that can help I'm certain and nice hunt Zach! If that site is producing this kind of stuff for you and James, GO BACK! Yes

Ed
Thanks Ed, this is from the 1620-1680 trapezoidal shoe buckle site! It's scarce but there's still some keepers.
Sadly, the site was hit 2 years ago, and hard. The two gentlemen got over 100 rev musketballs and I'm not sure how many rev buttons but quite a bunch plus others. Sadly, no rev buttons yet and just two musketballs. Field is still dryish and the cornstalk still take up a few inches. Hope to have more finds to show soon.
(11-14-2016 09:01 PM)Zachbl92 Wrote: [ -> ]Thanks Ed, this is from the 1620-1680 trapezoidal shoe buckle site! It's scarce but there's still some keepers.
Sadly, the site was hit 2 years ago, and hard. The two gentlemen got over 100 rev musketballs and I'm not sure how many rev buttons but quite a bunch plus others. Sadly, no rev buttons yet and just two musketballs. Field is still dryish and the cornstalk still take up a few inches. Hope to have more finds to show soon.

If it was a rev war site those two guys you mentioned may have helped clean it out for you. Those buttons and balls are LOUD and easy! Fall tilling in the mix yet so hope the weather holds for you! Good Luck and Hopeful Hunting to you Zach! Now it's your turn to clean it out!

Ed
Zach, cool find, congratulations! Folks can't get it all - you will probably get more goodies.
Nice find I am not sure how you can date that besides what you find around it. And I am a firm believer that no site is ever hunted out somewhere a coin is on end and over a year or 2 will turn flat to be found as a solid signal!
(11-14-2016 09:32 PM)Bigtony Wrote: [ -> ]Zach, cool find, congratulations! Folks can't get it all - you will probably get more goodies.

Yes sir, I plan on hitting it again this friday. Every time I've gotten at least one keeper from there. I've probably only ventured into 2% max as well as I wander around throughout the field. I've been in about every area but not extensively, at all. Hope to get out a real beauty to share with you all.
Hopefully with some recent super amazing amazing news, that will be made possible, very soon.
My first thought was a cob, but that's just a guess. Never found a cob or a shilling, so, would be next to impossible for me to I.D. it, Zach. Whatever it is, it's OLD, and is a damn sweet find Yes
(11-14-2016 09:49 PM)Cladjunky Wrote: [ -> ]Nice find I am not sure how you can date that besides what you find around it. And I am a firm believer that no site is ever hunted out somewhere a coin is on end and over a year or 2 will turn flat to be found as a solid signal!
If I can figure out what coin it is, I can get a time line. And that's good enough for me! I've said to a friend, if I can just ID it, I'll be as happy to have it as if it was in good condition. Regardless of its flaws and...extreme meltedness...ha.
I also do agree, no site is hunted out and I've not hunted much of this site at all yet. But it would of been alot more lively if it hasn't been hit in the past, is what I meant. But I will get what they have missed and I will get what has been plowed up the past 2 years!

(11-14-2016 10:01 PM)NjNyDigger Wrote: [ -> ]My first thought was a cob, but that's just a guess. Never found a cob or a shilling, so, would be next to impossible for me to I.D. it, Zach. Whatever it is, it's OLD, and is a damn sweet find Yes
Thanks joe, that was my first guess as well. I screamed "COB!!!!" Over to James. I thought so because of its distinctive look, like a cob. But that's just because it was melted and became all weird looking from that. Hopefully I can get a ID. My personal guess is a KG2 or a late 1600s shilling, king james. Only because the early 1600s buckle was found there and it would make it possible to have a late 1600s silver. Thanks again and happy hunting
Looks like dirty old silver to me = treasure, Congrats!
Pages: 1 2
Reference URL's