Treasure Classifieds Forum

Full Version: Well I finally did it - locked my keys in the trunk
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
I've locked my keys in the truck so many times that the cops GAVE me a slim jim because they were tired of coming out and opening it. When I got "2" extra keys made, I flagged down the cop and gave him back the slim jim. (It's illegal to own one in Ohio unless you're a licensed locksmith! or a cop!) Of course it doesn't do you any good if it's locked up in the vehicle with your keys! Now I carry a key in my wallet and another in a magnetic case under the vehicle in a dry spot. But ever since the last time I locked them in the truck, I've never done it again.

Ed
(11-17-2016 08:24 PM)Ohio Dirt Fisher Wrote: [ -> ]I've locked my keys in the truck so many times that the cops GAVE me a slim jim because they were tired of coming out and opening it. When I got "2" extra keys made, I flagged down the cop and gave him back the slim jim. (It's illegal to own one in Ohio unless you're a licensed locksmith! or a cop!) Of course it doesn't do you any good if it's locked up in the vehicle with your keys! Now I carry a key in my wallet and another in a magnetic case under the vehicle in a dry spot. But ever since the last time I locked them in the truck, I've never done it again.

Ed

Well atleast no one will steal that truck you have mastered the skill of Old truck Camo Happy
(11-17-2016 08:35 PM)Cladjunky Wrote: [ -> ]
(11-17-2016 08:24 PM)Ohio Dirt Fisher Wrote: [ -> ]I've locked my keys in the truck so many times that the cops GAVE me a slim jim because they were tired of coming out and opening it. When I got "2" extra keys made, I flagged down the cop and gave him back the slim jim. (It's illegal to own one in Ohio unless you're a licensed locksmith! or a cop!) Of course it doesn't do you any good if it's locked up in the vehicle with your keys! Now I carry a key in my wallet and another in a magnetic case under the vehicle in a dry spot. But ever since the last time I locked them in the truck, I've never done it again.

Ed

Well at least no one will steal that truck you have mastered the skill of Old truck Camo Happy

Yes John, the poor old Blue Beast isn't much to look at anymore, but now it runs like a Deere! Just dropped 1K in it. Good for another 2 years! Yes

Ed
Ed and Clad, good ideas all around.
Flag down a cop - didn't think of that one. I did repair my key chain and am considering where to put that magnetic holder for under the car.

I knew a guy who put an extra key in his tail light. These days I am not certain if there are external screws on it so you can remove it easily.
One day he locked the keys in his car and he said to me come back here I have a spare key. He pulls out his pocket knife and unscrews two screws in the red tail light behind the driver side. Holy cow - the key was sitting there on the bottom, puts back the screws and off we go.
Pages: 1 2
Reference URL's