Treasure Classifieds Forum

Full Version: Wife calls and says what are you doing, detecting again?
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
This afternoon - Wife calls and says what are you doing, detecting again? I said yeah I am at my field of dreams hoping for a deep silver but it isn't happening. She tells me she might want to retire and I said - great - put in your papers and lets plan a vacation! She then says she is not ready just yet. No problem.

Well after that call I decide to try another area and coin shoot nickles or gold numbers, you know can slaw/foil/pull tab or just low tones. You know I was posting and chatting with Ed about finding gold recently and the how to from my point of view.
Crazy hobby for sure.....I start out in this new area and dig some nickles which didn't have the correct numbers but hey they were close - I then get a quarter and a few memorials that thought they were quarters (they have more copper then today's cents). As I start off from the last cent signal I get a low tone and the machine says it right on the surface....I don't see any nickel or pull tab....so I use my screwdriver and poke around but nothing.....I can't find it and I get up to leave thinking it is can slaw - but I decide try my pinpointer - and I am glad I did - I found this 18KT 2.6 gram ring about two and one half inches down. Very cool find - no brag - please I am just happy I decided to investigate a little further!
18k!!! I'd take any gold, but 18k is even sweeter...and that's got some heft, too $$$ Happy Fantastic!!! I don't have that kinda luck, Tony. Here's a good one...

I went out hunting all day on Wednesday. Hunting is like the tryptophan in turkey, it makes you want to relax & sleep afterwards Yes My whole body was aching. Just wanted to gorge myself, lay on the couch and watch t.v.

My phone rings and it's the missus; "Don't forget, tonight is Disney on Ice at Prudential Center." $hit, I forgot! Had to pick my son up from school, get both of us ready, etc. Rushing like a madman. I'm always telling my lady to be EARLY whenever she goes somewhere, but does she listen? No. Show starts at 7, she picks us up at 6:30. Then we have to pick other people up, too. Fight our way through rush hour traffic in beautiful Newark Bandit, and even though we're only 15 minutes from Prudential, it takes us about 45 minutes to get there.

We pay for parking, get to Prudential, and it is MOBBED. I ask her for the tickets, and she hands me some coupon for discounted tickets. She didn't even have the actual tickets! We then go into the box office, where we're greeted by huge lines snaking out the doors, and one of the usher's announces that that evening's show is SOLD OUT Headbang So...

We got the discounted tickets and had to go through the whole rigamarole again last night. It was for our son, and he enjoyed it, so all worth it in the end. But a Devil's game would've been more up my alley, lol.

Women!

THAT is the kind of luck I have Chuckle
AMEN brothaman Joseph! Women! Aside from that, sucks you had to go through that trouble. And aside from that. SHWEEEET FUUURKIN RING MAN! Give it to the misses now, and maybe she will decide to retire. Only like 100ish...more of those bad boys and you're set!
That's the way to do it Tony. If you're going to find a ring, might as well go big time!
That is a super nice find and I'm glad you stayed with it. When you say "low tone", where did it register? still in the nickel range? And was it steady -solid? Trying to get a little info that might clue me as to when I'm over a good size ring.
Shazam! nice ring! gratz I take it your screw driver was going through the ring so you couldn't flip it up?
Joe, yeah cool, my wife and our kids and grand kids are going there tomorrow. I hope they enjoy it but I am sure they will.

Guys, yes - it was in the nickle range/foil/pull tab/can slaw - as I explained in the post.

I used the screw driver because the depth meter said on top of the soil, no depth at all. That is probably right - screw driver went through it.
I finally used my pin pointer and then grab about two inches of the top grass and pulled that up - then stuck the pin pointer in the hole and used the screw driver to pry it into the open as you see in the photo.
WTG Big T!!! Yes I told you! You gotta dig em'! And 18K! That's a real winner in my book. Congratulations!!!!!!

I'm past the wife scheduling stage! Kids are older now, they got their own thingies and me and the wife are pretty much independent of them and each other. Although we always have a nice supper together at the end of the day to discuss life and happiness. Mrs. Bigglesworth already knows my hoop jumping days are over! If she wants me there, she knows to let me know a month in advance and I'll put it in my Google Calendar with reminders. Or make an appointment and I'll check my schedule. Now if the apartment is on fire or somebody is breaking in, well that's another story.

I'm retired and now a Free Bird!

Ed
Great ring! When my wife says are you detecting again , I say at least I'm not out drinking and driving or chasing women....
   Thanks for the post.
Pat
(11-18-2016 10:13 PM)Digsit Wrote: [ -> ]Great ring! When my wife says are you detecting again , I say at least I'm not out drinking and driving or chasing women....
   Thanks for the post.
Pat

Yes

Ed
Thanks Ed and Pat.
No worries, just making conversation here. I do my chores and baby sit the grand kids. I am the one who wants her to retire so I can do more detecting.
Yeah, you have to dig em.
Pages: 1 2
Reference URL's