Treasure Classifieds Forum

Full Version: Big Drawing to help Ken
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Another reminder that the Ken MacIntyre benefit drawing will take place October 21st and if you've not purchased your tickets I hope you will soon. Likewise if you have, why not get a few more. The more you spend the better your chances of winning one of the many great prizes available. I know I have mentioned this effort many times here, but you know what? Ken recently had his 4th chemo treatment and he still has eight more to go. Not exactly a fun schedule, nor something to look forward to.

I am also well aware that Ken is not the only one in the world having to go through something like this. He is however the son of a friend, and an unlikely friend at that. His Mom, Lisa Hume MacIntyre is an archaeologist, and by now you know how much I love archaeologists. This time, however, it's different. Lisa is different. While I have never met Lisa, I was privileged to debate her on the Relic Roundup show a couple months back, and surprise of surprises....she was civil, understanding, and appreciated what it is we do. Do we still have differences? You bet, but we have since become good friends, and when I found out about Ken I just wanted to help in some way.

Shortly after asking you all for help here I received an email from Alan Holcombe at White's Electronics. He said "how about if we donate a White's VX3 detector package and you find a way to raise money with it". Honestly I was not at all surprised. I have known Alan for 30 years and both he and White's have gone out of their way so many times to help people that I've lost count, and there were times when their generosity went unannounced or advertised. It's just how they are and why I am proud to be part of their family.

Ken is now a tekkie

In any case when I mentioned this to Butch & Anita Holcombe (no relation to Alan) at American Digger Magazine they said, "hey, hold on, let's see if just maybe we can get the rest of the manufacturers on board with this" and to make a long story short, we did, and we're still working on getting prizes. To find out how you can help and how you might win one of these prizes click
PLEASE JOIN OUR EFFORT AND HELP OUT A FRIEND IN NEED
As you know I, along with the gang at American Digger magazine, have been sharing the story of Ken MacIntyre, the son of Lisa MacIntyre, archaeologist, and want to thank all of you who have donated. I am very proud of everyone involved in this pastime.

I also mentioned that we were not done helping, and over the past few days the gang at American Magazine's Relic Roundup and I have been contacting the manufacturers and magazines, asking for their help, and they, like you, have responded graciously. So mark it down folks....on the October 21st Relic Roundup Show YOU could be the owner of a:

White's VX3 Metal Detector, with wireless headphones, 4x6 DD coil and carry bag (total Retail Value $1,700, compliments of White's Electronics)
Garrett GTI 1500 Metal Detector (Retail Value $800, compliments of Garrett Metal Detectors)
Fisher F75 LTD, Black Edition Metal Detector (Retail Value $1,449, compliments of Fisher Research Labs)
Minelab Exterra 705 Dual Pack (Retail Value $1,153, compliments of Minelab)
Treasure Commander TC1X, Uncle Si Signature Series, Metal Detector (Retail Value 279.00, compliments of Kellyco)
Tesoro Silver Umax Metal Detector (Retail Value $299, compliments of Outdoor Outfitters)
Teknetics Delta 4000 Metal Detector (Retail Value $279.00, compliments of The Gold Digger
Garrett Ace Metal Detector, Pro-Power Headphones, Lesche Digger, 6x9 Coil Cover (Retail value $340, compliments of American Metal Detector Distributors in Hurst, Texas
MetalDetector.com $250 Gift Card redeemable at and compliments of MetalDetector.com-Detector Electronics corp.
A canvas print (retail value $200) compliments of Karl Wagner
The book "Relics of the Coastal Empire" (retail value $59.00, compliments of the Coastal Empire History Hunters Association

We also have three one-year subscriptions to American Digger Magazine, three one-year subscriptions to Lost Treasure magazine, three one-year subscriptions to Western Eastern Treasures, plus books by Dick Stout, Greybird Publishers, K.B. Slocum and Krause Publications. Likewise prizes are continuing to come in.

You can donate as much as you like; the more you donate the more tickets you'll receive (every $5 gets you one ticket). The drawing will be held on the October 21, 2013 Relic Roundup Show. You do NOT have to be present to win. To purchase tickets, please call 770-362-8671.

You can also email greybird55@att.net or you can pay directly via Paypal to the following account: Lisamac59@yahoo.com. If you choose to pay via paypal you MUST include name, address, phone and email so that you can be contacted if you win. You will be emailed photos of your tickets/numbers.

If you wish to pay by mail send your checks or money orders made out to Lisa MacIntyre, and mail them to Greybird, Post Office Box 126, Acworth, Georgia 30101. Here again be sure to include your name, address, phone and email...If you want your tickets mailed to you be sure to enclosed a self addressed, stamped envelope. Otherwise you will be sent photos via email.
How old is Ken? I went through three years of chemo when I was a kid and it's no fun. Do I just send a paypal payment with my info? I would like to help out.
You can read more about Ken at Dick Stout's web site http://www.stoutstandards.com/
(10-09-2013 10:27 PM)bulletbob Wrote: [ -> ]You can read more about Ken at Dick Stout's web site http://www.stoutstandards.com/

just purchased 5 tickets directly through paypal. hope I did it correctly. thanks, dale
My 5 tickets also with paypal
EVERYONE WAS A WINNER!
Last night the winners were drawn in the Ken MacIntyre benefit, and I want to thank everyone who participated and whether or not you won a prize, you were ALL winners! The MacIntyre family is most grateful. Thanks to Butch, Anita and Jeff at American Digger magazine for their hard work as well. Ultimately we raised $7036.00, enough to pay for Ken's chemo treatments through January. Thank you all so much. You are the best!

Last night's winners:
Minelab X-TERRA Dual Pack (from Minelab Americas) - Tony Gaglairdi of Monroe, CT

White’s VX3 w/wireless headphones & carry bag (from White’s Electronics) - Leah Seace of Chester Springs, PA

Garrett GTI 1500 (from Garrett Electronics) -Joe Bellina of Brick, NJ

Fisher F75 LTD Black Edition (from Fisher/First Texas) - John Nielson of Spokane, WA

Tesoro Silver UMax (via Outdoor Outfitters) - Linda Bennett of Wellington, FL

Treasure Commander TC1 Metal Detector – Uncle Si Signature Series + Uncle Si t-shirt (from Kellyco) - Greg Moore of Louisville, KY

Teknetics Delta 4000 (from The Gold Digger in Raritan, NJ) - Thomas Purzycki of Watertown, NY

ACE 250 with headphones, coil cover & digging tool (American Detector Distributors Hurst, TX) - Skip Henning of Batavia, NY

$250 Gift Card from Detectors.com (Detectors Electronics) - Daniel Johnson of Rio, WI

Treasure Wise Carry bags (Outdoor Outfitters) - Andrew Mysinger of Chattanooga, TN

Treasure Wise Carry bags (Outdoor Outfitters) - Mike Race of New Holland, PA

Canvas Print from Karl Wagner - Mike Fuson of Madison, TN

Relics of the Coastal Empire by Coastal Empire History Hunters Association - Bill Dancy of Smithfield, VA

Where to Find Treasure by Dick Stout - Codey Klee of Forney, TX

In Search of Treasure by Dick Stout - Art DiFilipp of Summerville, SC

The New Metal Detecting: The Hobby by Dick Stout - Don Barnes of Clements, MD

Coin Hunting….in depth! By Dick Stout - Lisa Neumann of Oconomowoc, WI

Galleon Alley, The 1773 Spanish Treasure Fleet. By Weller - Jeff Sayre of Toms River, NJ

I Rode with Stonewall, by Douglas - Lisa Young of Proctorville, OH

Shipwrecks & Treasures by Cahill - David Scales of Mulga, AL

Treasure on the Chesapeake Bay by Tevillian and Carter - Bob Spratley of Middleburg, FL

Santa Fe, the Autobiography of a Southwestern Town, by LaFarge - Linda Erickson of Westminster, CO

The Buried Treasures of Maine, by Stevens - Eddie Huzovic of Ridgefield, NJ

The Outer Banks of North Carolina, by Stick - Ken Hamilton of Lexington, KY

Civil War on the Western Border, by Monaghan - Vincent Hirtz of Norfolk, VA

Sherman’s March Through the Carolinas by Barrett - Donnie Vaughn of Nashville, TN

Shallow Water Treasure Hunting, by Granville - Joanna DeVincent of Rockledge, FL

2014 Standard Catalog of World Coins - Warren Haire of Loganville, GA

Antique Jewelry Identification and Price Guide - Tom Lifka of Osage, IA

Collecting World Coins - David Beer of Fredericksburg, VA

5 Copies of Plates, Belts & Swords of the Grand Army of the Republic and the Sons of Union Veterans of the Civil War, by Doug Roussin

Boots Lewis of Golden, CO
Mike Smith of Mobile, AL
Dan Sivilich of Syracuse, NY
Mark Sawyer of Ivor, VA
Sonja Lauderdale of Knox, TN

3 Subscriptions to American Digger Magazine

Frank Lopergolo of Vineland, NJ
Eureka Treasure club in Westminster, CO
John Blue of Manassas, VA

3 Subscriptions to Western & Eastern Treasures

Steve Norman of Brentwood, TN
Tony Rago of Seaside Park, NJ
Lisa Law of Dallas, TX

3 Subscriptions to Lost Treasures

Bill Brockman of Cudahy, WI
Eric Middleton of Camden, NC
Jamie Britt Keefer of Audubon, PA
All of the major prizes (detectors) will be shipped direct from the manufacturers/distributors. The books will be sent by me, via media mail (please allow two weeks). The magazine subscriptions will be mailed out from Greybird Relics, and you will need to fill in the information and forward on to the publishers.
Being a new member as of less than an hour ago, this really brought a smile to my face. Having a daughter (my oldest of 3) that has cerebral palsy and a heart condition among other health issues. Wish their family nothing but the best, and our prayers will be with all of them.
(10-22-2013 07:34 PM)undefined Wrote: [ -> ]first, I would like to say that Its great so much money was raised to help a person in need!!!
However, not to be a poor sport but I paid for 5 tickets back on oct 11th directly through paypal to Lisamac59@yahoo.com as instructed in your post. After never receiving the photos of my tickets in my email like your original post stated I would receive, I called the telephone # last friday I believe it was. A woman answered from american digger. I explained to her I had paid directly at paypal and she proceeded to tell me they were running behind but she was going to spend the weekend getting caught up and I would get the photos of my purchased tickets. 
I NEVER DID END UP RECEIVING MY TICKETS!!! Its pretty hard to believe I ever had a legitimate chance to win anything in all honesty.... 

pEVERYONE WAS A WINNER!
Last night the winners were drawn in the Ken MacIntyre benefit, and I want to thank everyone who participated and whether or not you won a prize, you were ALL winners! The MacIntyre family is most grateful. Thanks to Butch, Anita and Jeff at American Digger magazine for their hard work as well. Ultimately we raised $7036.00, enough to pay for Ken's chemo treatments through January. Thank you all so much. You are the best!

Last night's winners:
Minelab X-TERRA Dual Pack (from Minelab Americas) - Tony Gaglairdi of Monroe, CT

White’s VX3 w/wireless headphones & carry bag (from White’s Electronics) - Leah Seace of Chester Springs, PA

Garrett GTI 1500 (from Garrett Electronics) -Joe Bellina of Brick, NJ

Fisher F75 LTD Black Edition (from Fisher/First Texas) - John Nielson of Spokane, WA

Tesoro Silver UMax (via Outdoor Outfitters) - Linda Bennett of Wellington, FL

Treasure Commander TC1 Metal Detector – Uncle Si Signature Series + Uncle Si t-shirt (from Kellyco) - Greg Moore of Louisville, KY

Teknetics Delta 4000 (from The Gold Digger in Raritan, NJ) - Thomas Purzycki of Watertown, NY

ACE 250 with headphones, coil cover & digging tool (American Detector Distributors Hurst, TX) - Skip Henning of Batavia, NY

$250 Gift Card from Detectors.com (Detectors Electronics) - Daniel Johnson of Rio, WI

Treasure Wise Carry bags (Outdoor Outfitters) - Andrew Mysinger of Chattanooga, TN

Treasure Wise Carry bags (Outdoor Outfitters) - Mike Race of New Holland, PA

Canvas Print from Karl Wagner - Mike Fuson of Madison, TN

Relics of the Coastal Empire by Coastal Empire History Hunters Association - Bill Dancy of Smithfield, VA

Where to Find Treasure by Dick Stout - Codey Klee of Forney, TX

In Search of Treasure by Dick Stout - Art DiFilipp of Summerville, SC

The New Metal Detecting: The Hobby by Dick Stout - Don Barnes of Clements, MD

Coin Hunting….in depth! By Dick Stout - Lisa Neumann of Oconomowoc, WI

Galleon Alley, The 1773 Spanish Treasure Fleet. By Weller - Jeff Sayre of Toms River, NJ

I Rode with Stonewall, by Douglas - Lisa Young of Proctorville, OH

Shipwrecks & Treasures by Cahill - David Scales of Mulga, AL

Treasure on the Chesapeake Bay by Tevillian and Carter - Bob Spratley of Middleburg, FL

Santa Fe, the Autobiography of a Southwestern Town, by LaFarge - Linda Erickson of Westminster, CO

The Buried Treasures of Maine, by Stevens - Eddie Huzovic of Ridgefield, NJ

The Outer Banks of North Carolina, by Stick - Ken Hamilton of Lexington, KY

Civil War on the Western Border, by Monaghan - Vincent Hirtz of Norfolk, VA

Sherman’s March Through the Carolinas by Barrett - Donnie Vaughn of Nashville, TN

Shallow Water Treasure Hunting, by Granville - Joanna DeVincent of Rockledge, FL

2014 Standard Catalog of World Coins - Warren Haire of Loganville, GA

Antique Jewelry Identification and Price Guide - Tom Lifka of Osage, IA

Collecting World Coins - David Beer of Fredericksburg, VA

5 Copies of Plates, Belts & Swords of the Grand Army of the Republic and the Sons of Union Veterans of the Civil War, by Doug Roussin

Boots Lewis of Golden, CO
Mike Smith of Mobile, AL
Dan Sivilich of Syracuse, NY
Mark Sawyer of Ivor, VA
Sonja Lauderdale of Knox, TN

3 Subscriptions to American Digger Magazine

Frank Lopergolo of Vineland, NJ
Eureka Treasure club in Westminster, CO
John Blue of Manassas, VA

3 Subscriptions to Western & Eastern Treasures

Steve Norman of Brentwood, TN
Tony Rago of Seaside Park, NJ
Lisa Law of Dallas, TX

3 Subscriptions to Lost Treasures

Bill Brockman of Cudahy, WI
Eric Middleton of Camden, NC
Jamie Britt Keefer of Audubon, PA
All of the major prizes (detectors) will be shipped direct from the manufacturers/distributors. The books will be sent by me, via media mail (please allow two weeks). The magazine subscriptions will be mailed out from Greybird Relics, and you will need to fill in the information and forward on to the publishers.
Reference URL's