Treasure Classifieds Forum

Full Version: 1600s again with a small button button
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Hey all, got out today from 9-3. Went to 4 different fields. 2 of which are harsh to detect in. Not again...
All of my pictured finds came from the first field from 9-11:30. Some larger 1800s furniture pieces and a few other ok finds plus lots of trash and 1 medium sized flat button.
These are from the same local vicinity of all my recent finds.
1600s nipple button without the nipple! Idk where it went. If anyone has seen a nipple on the loose, send me a pm.
1830-1850 federal navy officers button from New York.
1888 Indian and my 3rd musketball from this area.
I'd like to say it's rev...as it's ontop of a rev site...but idk how to distinguish the difference and whose to say it's not from a hunter from the 1700s? But I'd like to think of it as a rev war fired musket ball. Sorry for the fella who might of been hit by it..but hopefully not.

Other finds from my newer buddy art(who is a awesome genuine nice guy, like james) were...a unknown copper, early 1800s suspender, early 1700 side leg buckle, late 1700s cloak weight and some flat buttons.
That's it for today, until sunday with james, happy hunting and best of luck,
Zach
To pull those from a few fields is a great achievement, Zach! Yes I wish I could find a button that is very legible like the one pictured. Keep up the great detectiion work!

Ed
(11-18-2016 10:28 PM)Ohio Dirt Fisher Wrote: [ -> ]To pull those from a few fields is a great achievement, Zach! Yes I wish I could find a button that is very legible like the one pictured. Keep up the great detectiion work!

Ed

Thanks Ed, someday you will, just keep at it! I pulled everything of importance from the first field from 9-11:30. The rest of the fields across the way, I had no luck. But that's where art got all of his finds mostly. So...gotta swing your coil over the object! And I wasn't so lucky on the next 3 fields, at all. But it happens.
Thanks again and best of luck and happy hunting
Nicely done Zach. The detail on the button and the IH is very good. So many of the older pennies are deeply corroded. Interesting thought that the musket ball might have been fired in an effort to kill someone.
Very cool finds, congratulations! Terrific old site you have - your a lucky man for sure.
(11-18-2016 11:52 PM)shadeseeker Wrote: [ -> ]Nicely done Zach. The detail on the button and the IH is very good. So many of the older pennies are deeply corroded. Interesting thought that the musket ball might have been fired in an effort to kill someone.

Well, story is....During the rev war, Americans came across into a ambush! British were waiting and open fired. They fled into the field I am detecting. 100s of musket balls have already been recovered from it 2 years ago by these 2 gentleman. This was pretty much the only activity during this small battle. The americans later came with hand cannons with grapeshot. The british said f that, we are gonna move along. The next stop was lead by capt simcoe. A real capt and a character in the hit tv series "turn". Well that guy there, murdered and killed quite a bunch of us in the hancocks house along with cassandras great great great great great great great grand father(approximately). So, anyway, the ambush. They came across the bridge, were open fired on and ran the only way they could. Left along side the creek. The US troops then later realized, probably 5 minutes or so of being chased, F running on this British side, I'm swimming back across the creek to get to our side. Most of the soldiers drowned, idk how. Probably injured or couldn't swim, no clue.

That is why I believe it to be very possible to have be meant to kill. That is if it's British anyway. Idk the sizes or weights I'm getting a caliper and a new better scale for Xmas from cassandra among other detecting stuff Cool

(11-19-2016 08:24 AM)Bigtony Wrote: [ -> ]Very cool finds, congratulations! Terrific old site you have - your a lucky man for sure.

Thanks tony, I definitely am. I often think about how far my state history goes, or where I'm located in the state. Compared to....somewhere else without as much history. I feel bad in a way because some people don't have the direct opportunity to find these things. But it's the same with diggers in Europe. I'll never find a Roman or likely a early hammered silver. And I'd love those. But to me, it is what it is. Gotta make the most out of it. If you gotta drive a hour away, do it! Do proper research and try and get on the oldest spots near you. And even then, if you can only get to the 40s or 50s...that's fine too. Leo has 100 silver for the year digging those sites. I'm at like...8? Older stuff is definitely good but I think a good find is a good find regardless of age in most instances. Either way, I'm grateful for where I live and who I know and the opportunities that have been given me by these private owned field permissions. Thanks again and happy hunting!
Nice digs Zach
More great finds! Way to go Zach.
HH
Pat
Very nice, Zach. That button is in superb condition! As is the injun. Southern NJ is treating you right Yes
Looked in the mirror found 2 nipples but I am not removing them to ship to you! You have so much darn history where you hunt Yes
Reference URL's