Treasure Classifieds Forum

Full Version: Cold as testicles
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Getting ready to detect in 15 minutes. Feels like 28. Winds will eventually pick up to be 25-35 with gusts of 50. I'll be in a open field...hopefully I don't blow away. If anyone else is as crazy to detect today....dress warm! And happy hunting.
Hope to have stuff to show when I'm done at 2.
I have a rule I will detect only at 40 and above when its lower then 40 I play minecraft and post on the forums Happy Goodluck out there!
Stay warm and good luck Zach! With the kind of sites you're hitting, I think I'd hunt til my fingers were too cold to hold the detector. That front went through here yesterday and the winds drove the temps from 74 to 43 in 3 hours and to below freezing last night. I'll be looking at the forum this evening to see what you've found.
I am looking forward to seeing your finds , that front hit here yesterday , it brought ( sorry for the curse word) snow. It accumulated almost an inch in the grass , it melted fairly quickly.
  It is 30 degrees and windy here today , I am too much of a wimp to go out today the cold irritates my arthritis.
   I am hoping to get out on Black Friday , it will supposedly get into the mid 40 s and I hate shopping with the crowds.
   Good luck !
Pat
Hit it hard, Zach Yes I prefer the cold. Doesn't bother me a bit, as long as I'm layered up. Much better than the heat. But the winds are what I don't like. They're supposed to be gusting up to 50MPH here today, and that's a bit too much for my blood, coupled with the lower temps.

It was 65 here yesterday. Will feel like 32 today. The roller-coaster of November.
Hope you had some luck Zach! I was out yesterday for about 3 hours in winds gusting to 40 mph with hints of snow. It was cold but the hardest part was getting up and down and then trying to put the clad in my pants pockets with these waterproof insulated gloves on. I'm okay in weather below 40F. I've learned that good insulated boots and gloves are the answer, even though I sometimes feel like I'm that dressed up kid in the movie, "A Christmas Story", when he fell down in the snow and couldn't get up. Chuckle There I am on my knee pads, trying to get some gumption to stand up. Think I'll pull out my walking stick so I don't break the rod on the detector!

Ed
Zach, it;s not the cold that stops me - it's the wind or rain. In those conditions it is real hard to enjoy detecting for me.
Now if there is a narrow window, say a construction site or rain the next day then I will dress for it and at least try until I get tired of it.

Best of luck and just think summer.
(11-20-2016 03:03 PM)Bigtony Wrote: [ -> ]Zach, it;s not the cold that stops me - it's the wind or rain. In those conditions it is real hard to enjoy detecting for me.
Now if there is a narrow window, say a construction site or rain the next day then I will dress for it and at least try until I get tired of it.

Best of luck and just think summer.

Tony, I have NEVER had any luck with tear-out's. I haven't hunted that many of them, though, the few that I have, all I ever seem to find is iron and junk. Another issue is...

They cordon the damn things off when they're done for the day, and if you try hunting in the location, you stick out like a sore thumb.

For some reason, maybe it's because we live in such an urban area, I very rarely even see tear-out's. Once in awhile I might spot PSE&G digging a hole in the street or something, but I don't think I've ever witnessed a sidewalk renewal in my life, more than a handful of times. And those are supposed to be good hunting.

I guess it would be nice to have an "in" with someone on the urban renewal board or something, huh?
Joe, that's a good point, have an insider clue you to a site, cool. We need new contacts.
I keep my eyes open and many times I don't have the time to drop stuff and go detecting and some of the sites I have hit, there are fences and folks who say no way but I keep trying.
Reference URL's