Treasure Classifieds Forum

Full Version: Modulated Audio
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
Joe, I have my own theory and I hope this subject isn't taking away from your topic of modulation. Which I would like to hear from other folks about and get some of thier ideas on this topic.

In a few days I might open up another thread concerning detector internal programming.
Modulated audio is nice. I agree, I get really excited on those soft whisper. Only time i could see not using it is if you have bad hearing, or windy ocean day. Sometimes it is loud with waves crashing and winds howling. Plus you normally want to dig everything anyway since most digging is fairly easy. Sand anyways, rough surf is hell.
(11-22-2016 08:58 AM)updownup Wrote: [ -> ]Modulated audio is nice. I agree, I get really excited on those soft whisper. Only time i could see not using it is if you have bad hearing, or windy ocean day. Sometimes it is loud with waves crashing and winds howling. Plus you normally want to dig everything anyway since most digging is fairly easy. Sand anyways, rough surf is hell.

Yes, a windy/loud environment would be another place where not using modulated audio would be a plus.
I prefer modulated. Many times you don't have the choice.

Frank on the Compass forum has been working on an amp for a few years and finally came up with working units. He is sending me one to review.

I will email Frank to join up and post more about it.
==========================

Hey Fellas,
        Wanted to let you know that I have a few of my Depth Devil signal amps ready. I will have a lot more soon. These use 1- 9volt battery and let me tell you it is a beast. Those super weak signals you might not hear on a windy day lets say, well you will now as the Depth Devil boosts them up so that you can easily hear them...It has resistive limiting technology to dampen those loud and large surface signals so they dont hurt your ears. These work very very well and once you try one you will see. I will have several Depth Devil detector audio accessories in the near future as well, including a visual audio module.... I put a lot of time and effort into the Depth Devil and more hours of testing and circuit changes than I care to think about. These will surprise you at how well they boost those very weak signals and it will help those with hearing impairments too. I hope to have a Depth devil with tone control by early 2017... The depth Devil is $44 dollars shipped first class package in the USA. If you have any questions please feel free to send me an email and I will do my best to answer it... Thanks guys and keep on diggin!!!
      Frank

(11-22-2016 09:47 PM)Sven TreasureLinx Wrote: [ -> ]I prefer modulated. Many times you don't have the choice.

Frank on the Compass forum has been working on an amp for a few years and finally came up with working units. He is sending me one to review.

Hey Fellas,
        Wanted to let you know that I have a few of my Depth Devil signal amps ready. I will have a lot more soon. These use 1- 9volt battery and let me tell you it is a beast. Those super weak signals you might not hear on a windy day lets say, well you will now as the Depth Devil boosts them up so that you can easily hear them...It has resistive limiting technology to dampen those loud and large surface signals so they dont hurt your ears. These work very very well and once you try one you will see. I will have several Depth Devil detector audio accessories in the near future as well, including a visual audio module.... I put a lot of time and effort into the Depth Devil and more hours of testing and circuit changes than I care to think about. These will surprise you at how well they boost those very weak signals and it will help those with hearing impairments too. I hope to have a Depth devil with tone control by early 2017... The depth Devil is $44 dollars shipped first class package in the USA. If you have any questions please feel free to send me an email and I will do my best to answer it... Thanks guys and keep on diggin!!!
      Frank

I would try one of those purely out of curiosity, Sven, but it kinda goes back to my original point, being...

I'm not sure what the advantages are of a softer/quieter signal sounding more like it's near the surface. It makes it harder to differentiate between signals at that point.

Are there any videos showing this "Depth Devil" in action? I'd like to see it in operation first, before I ever plunked my money down for one. But it does sound mighty interesting.
(11-23-2016 03:03 PM)NjNyDigger Wrote: [ -> ]
(11-22-2016 09:47 PM)Sven TreasureLinx Wrote: [ -> ]I prefer modulated. Many times you don't have the choice.

Hey Fellas,
      Frank

I would try one of those purely out of curiosity, Sven, but it kinda goes back to my original point, being...

I'm not sure what the advantages are of a softer/quieter signal sounding more like it's near the surface. It makes it harder to differentiate between signals at that point.

Are there any videos showing this "Depth Devil" in action? I'd like to see it in operation first, before I ever plunked my money down for one. But it does sound mighty interesting.

No videos yet, Frank just released them, he's going to be waiting for feedback.

Sounds like the device works similar to a setting on the AKA Berkut I had.
The ability to lower or raise faint deep target volume. I would crank it up to about 50%. You could still tell fairly well that its a deeper target. the higher you crank the volume, the closer the target signal from a deep target is to a near surface target..   The amp may no benefit on newer  digital detectors where surface targets sound the same as deep or small  targets.  Except to raise the volume beyond what the detector puts out for those will hearing loss. Won't know until i get one. I do see it as a plus when using an older analog detector in all metal mode with modulated audio. It was a great feature on the Berkut.
(11-21-2016 08:06 PM)Bigtony Wrote: [ -> ]Joe, I know folks who claim that even being in an advanced mode you can not find a half. They give off different numbers or tones and most machines do not pick them up either because of calibration or another reason while programming was done at the factory.
Yes, lowering the volume on your machine can help and you have to go slow enough to hear the soft tones (that are deep) that you are after. But excellent headphones are a must.
Half rang up in nicely while I was hitting a river with the Ace 400 it was about 3.5 inches in the muck and stones. I think I'll put it in the ground about 9 inches and see what happens with the Makro 1.. I'll be the crazy guy digging a hole in Pennypops front yard on Turkey day Happy shhh don't tell him.
Clad, my first Garrett did hit big coins and very loud. As loud as alum cans. So do your test and good luck. I still feel I don't know the numbers for that coin, on my machine it doesn't hit like a silver quarter but hey that is my opinion
I'm always interested for low cost enhancement. Let us know what you find out.
Pages: 1 2
Reference URL's