Treasure Classifieds Forum

Full Version: Today's windy cold hunt, ok day.
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Started at the usual spot if it's before 9...got the musketballs, shell of a old 18c buckle and the dandy button. It's a bit decorative but it's bent and cut. Owell. Other finds through out the day are 2 flatties, a bullet and a weird small odd button I believe. Idk. And the lock which idk how old it is. Early 1900s I guess. Need a electrolysis machine.
But anyway, Ended up going to 3 other fields throughout the day and got the rest. Was very disappointed in 2 of the fields. First time in one and 2nd time in the other. It's never been detected during the day since he's been there since 1977. And it's a super old area. Same area the weights came out of. Early 1600s. House is 1730. But idk. Didn't get my coil over the goodies today I guess. Last field I called it quits. Another 1700 house that's torn down with a field. No targets for me but james got a couple keepers from there.
Detected about 5 hours total between talking and eating and stuff. Didn't sleep well last night so I'm off for a nap....thanks for looking and hh.
Zach, you did well again. Congratulations on those cool relics. Enjoy the nap!
You got out for 5 hours a treasure in its self in this busy world. Gratz on no frostbite and some good finds.
You can't find a banner find every time out , the finds you did make look good to me. Like I said earlier I wouldn't have even been out in the weather you described , I bow to your dedication.
  I always like to see the buttons.
  Have a great nap and I hope to see more of those great finds soon.
Pat
Cool finds none the less! 5 hours is a lot in this weather. Got out for 3 hours today with the bigger coil in the woods and found nothing of major concern, except for a long handled Gorham 18/8 Stainless Teaspoon. (Don't ask me, I'm clueless on that one!) And shotgun headstamps. So you did pretty good. Have a nice nap!

Ed
Good looking haul Yes Is there a lot of modern junk with in with the finds, or is it mostly all dated stuff?

Feel blessed you live in the southern part of the state, Zach, where urban development has been much slower to encroach upon. You're in a prime location, but you're also disciplined and have excellent technique, which, when all comes together is like a grand slam Wink
Your outing today may not have been a big success by your standards, but I think you did OK. Most of us would love to find musketballs and neat old buttons. And you got to do a little sampling of several fields. Just a matter of time til you hit the good stuff again. Meantime, thanks for the pics.
Thanks all! Yeah, I know, some of you may be happy with just the buttons and bullets. And I still do get excited and happy and am grateful to have it! I just like finding new stuff and doing research or finding coins. I like cooooooins! I know it can't happen everytime I go out, so it's all good in the...Fields.
As for trash, some fields have been rich with history and off from roads or off from the house. So not much trash at all besides tractor parts. 9/10 if it's a good solid signal, it's a good target.
Other fields do have trash, but mostly 20 feet in from the sides and the occasional piece throughout the field.
Other fields have it scattered all over but not to much.
I've been in maybe 2 dozen fields now and I've not been in one where it's been littered all over, everywhere.
Either way, I usually dig the cans so I don't come across the signal anymore and to clean it up and sometimes it's not a can. The broken sound it gives on my at pro, I know. But a coin on its edge or sometimes a 2 piece button on its side and other weird stuff will give the same audio. So you never completely know.
Nice old finds Zach. I just put together an electrolysis machine last week. It's very simple. You tube has some good videos on how to make one.
Gerry
Nice finds. I like to find musket balls. I have only found a couple. Darn wished the buckle would have been in better shape. That's ok, there is another one out there waiting for you. Happy
Reference URL's