Treasure Classifieds Forum

Full Version: Turkey day dinner site
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
With Thanksgiving upon us, the wife and I were reminiscing about some past Tday celebrations. Our best ever were several that we and the family shared at a gazebo she and I built in our woods to escape the modern world and all it's annoying little agitations. It was so peaceful to dine in the fresh air with autumn scenery as the backdrop. Squirrels and birds at the feeders, deer in the background, and goldfish swimming in the pond. Sadly, with all her surgeries and complications, I doubt we will ever be able to do this again. I would like to hear of some of your favorite Thanksgiving memories too. Please share with us.
That's a super beautiful and amazing spot shade, you both did a lovely job. I know, as you know, things sometimes aren't so great. Try and stay positive buddy, as you never know.
Many wishes and blessings from cassandra and myself to you and your wife.
Enjoy thanks giving, wherever it may be, it'll still be as special as if it was at your nice spot. As long as you have eachother, it'll be a memory to remember.
Tell the wife we said hello!
Hope all is well,
Zach+Cassandra
No particular Thanksgiving memory stands out, Shade, as they were all a hoot, and really fun times. I miss being able to spend the holiday's with my brother and mother, who've both passed. As well as my grandparents. Not quite the same without them. The Thanksgiving after our son was born ranks pretty high, though, as it was a special year.

That gazebo is a work of art Yes If I had a spot like that, I would have my morning coffee there, and go for some peace & quiet when life got too stressful. I take solace in the little things. The quiet moments.

I know you and your family have been through a lot, Shade. And I'm sorry about that. But with the Lord's good graces, I'm certain all will be okay, and better times are ahead Happy

You have many friends here, and I thank you for being an integral part of our community.
Shade, that is a very cool picture and story, thanks and try to have a good thanksgiving.
My dad did the cooking and no matter what he made it was always good in my opinion. Stuffing was always cooked inside the turkey, sweet potatoes and cream corn. Oh he always had walnuts that you had to crack open. That's it plain and simple
That is a great memory , the gazebo is cool.  Wherever you spend Thanksgiving just being able to be with your wife and family makes it great.
   I guess my best memories were at my Grandmother's house , there was always way too much food and lots of fun family interaction.
   I wish everyone a safe and happy Thanksgiving.
Pat
Cool melancholy place to relive memories! I've dreamed of places like that. Out in the country. No traffic, no hassle. Peace and quiet.

Memories are the greatest part of one's life, especially the good ones. It's something you can go back to and smile at, even when things are down and not looking up.

A particular Thanksgiving I really remember is one which my parents, more Mom, tried to forget. My Aunt Jeanette, who was widowed with three kids, (my really great cousins), threw a family T Day party way back in 1959, when I was 9 years old. My mother, who was really jealous of my Aunt, because my Father would stop over his sisters twice a week after her husband died to help her out, told my brother and me not to make pigs of ourselves. But Mom was a very, very, very frugal woman and her cooking was less than what you can eat from current MRE's. Literally! And MRE's are delicious. She was the Roast Beef, Pork Chop, hockey puck "Queen!".

It wound up that my brother and myself ate ourselves into second portions sick. Like starving dogs. I still remember rolling around on my Aunt's living room floor, holding my belly in pain, along with my brother; because we had never seen or had such great food and we simply gorged ourselves like pigs in the pen. With my Aunt's blessing and thirds all around. It was, in fact, my first introduction to Bromo Seltzer! My Aunt is still alive and remembers this day! (93 years old)

We paid for it too. Reciprocity and Karma is a bear running at you, not away from you.

Since then, when I've had TDay here, I've done the Turkey slow and low in a big brown bag. I try and portion out the goodies of sweet potato pie, whipped cream, and cranberry jelly, remembering that wonderful day, long ago, when I had real food.

So best wishes to both you and the wife and never forget that the Thanks in Thanksgiving is because we can celebrate the gift of food. Real food. Because you don't know what you have until it's ...........

Happy Thanksgiving Shade and Wife!

Ed/Ohio Dirt Fisher
Fooood. I love food. Can't wait for all the food. I have no specific memories besides eating to much and getting sick all the time and falling asleep. Will share pictures of thanks giving day!
(11-21-2016 11:02 PM)Zachbl92 Wrote: [ -> ]Fooood. I love food. Can't wait for all the food. I have no specific memories besides eating to much and getting sick all the time and falling asleep. Will share pictures of thanks giving day!

I thought you'd still be full from your trip to Amish country.....Tongue wait I guess you burned all of that off detecting in the cold and wind.
(11-22-2016 09:58 AM)Digsit Wrote: [ -> ]
(11-21-2016 11:02 PM)Zachbl92 Wrote: [ -> ]Fooood. I love food. Can't wait for all the food. I have no specific memories besides eating to much and getting sick all the time and falling asleep. Will share pictures of thanks giving day!

I thought you'd still be full from your trip to Amish country.....Tongue wait I guess you burned all of that off detecting in the cold and wind.

Yes I did! This past month or so I've been very actively detecting as much as possible. I've lost 8lbs since then :p. Time to gain it back in the next 2 months with all this food to come and dinners
That sounds like a wonderful spot, with nice memories. I hope the gazebo continues helping make wonderful memories too.

I remember going to a local park and our family always tried to secure a certain pavilion.

Like to add, this park had a huge play ground, and surrounded by lakes. So fishing and playing prevented being bored.

At the beginning it was both my mother and father annual event. Then after their divorce it was my father and his side of the family.

So we was torn between going to either my Mom's or Dad's family. The one you decided not to visit would often be disappointed. We often tried to at least stop by the one we didn't go to that morning. It helped smooth things out a little bit but not completely.

Have great memories at both places and we even have some at home when decided not to go to either parents.

My father has passed now and I miss those events and him even more.

The parks annual event has kinda tampered off since my father was the one that likely coordinated the gathering.

We plan to have thanksgiving at my house this year. Afterwards, I will swing by Mom's to say hi. Her & my sister are having their day together.
Once I leave their I might swing by the old park and look at the family using that special pavilion.

Hope everyone has a wonderful Thanksgiving and remember just because a family member isn't there doesn't mean they don't care.

Here is our event without my father. Bitter sweet.
[attachment=9056]
Pages: 1 2
Reference URL's