Treasure Classifieds Forum

Full Version: BEAT IT TO DEATH & GET #59!
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
If I go back to this area one more time, I'm going to start naming the trees. But, none the less, after digging clad in the craziest places, up turns another 1952 Rosie. Like my third one in 30 days. I'm kinda non compliant when it comes to searching. If I go to an area I've been to before, numerous times, I try and take another route in. So today wasn't different by any means. I tromped through a pretty heavily overgrown area with the bigger 8.5x11 coil, swearing under my breath while trying to keep from getting my eyeballs poked out, and needless to say, found 27 cents, a quarter and 2 Memorials amongst some of the most difficult, God Forsaken territory, trying to get to a target area. About a hundred yards from the target area, along a trail beside the Great Rocky River, in what has to be the most heavily fished section in the history of Cleveland; right on the trail, I get this quiet high tone of 83-84, cross sweep, same tone, 81-82 and real tight. Go back to original cross sweep and still holding 83-84 and tight on the tone. I'm thinking, old high relief memorial. At six inches down under a cluster of roots, in sandy river soil, up pops the Rosie. That's the 8th silver coin I've found in that immediate area. Which to me is astounding and just proves that one hell of a lot of people have been through there. I filmed it after the fact because I honestly thought is was a memorial.

The other bulk shots show a 1954 General Motors Autorama gold plated bronze token, a shell or sunoco car collection token, some pistol balls, buckyballs, bullets and the usual clad. I have the tokens on live digs, because they really sounded great!

But there's one thing I can't ID. It's pewter, looks to be a lid from something, and I found it about a month ago in what was at one time a farmer's field, but is now well overgrown forest.

Have fun out there Guys and Gals and HAPPY HUNTING!

Ed/Ohio Dirt Fisher
Another nice silver for the pile, Ed Beer I haven't a clue as to what that lid thing is. Could be for a million things, but it's a cool piece whatever it is. Nice to be getting out in late November, eh? Yes
(11-21-2016 08:31 PM)NjNyDigger Wrote: [ -> ]Another nice silver for the pile, Ed Beer I haven't a clue as to what that lid thing is. Could be for a million things, but it's a cool piece whatever it is. Nice to be getting out in late November, eh? Yes

It is nice to get out Joe and thanks. Work for me is about over and I'm cherishing the idea of any warmer weather coming through. We did get about 2" of snow but that's about gone now. Winter is coming. I'm bundled up with excellent clothing/protection and the motivation. Not too much time to detect before the season comes in like a Lion, so I'm going to take advantage of it. And you know Joe, it's so much better out there in 35F weather. Less joggers, cyclers, dog walkers. Or interlopers as I call them. I feel like I'm out in the North American wilderness at times. Pathfinder. The deer and I get along well. It's a very peaceful and pleasant hunt!

Ed
Nice snag on the Rosie, the gold is coming! The pewter piece looks oooold. Very cool relic!
Keep at it and happy hunting
Congratulations Ed, on number 59, WTG, very cool indeed.
Good write up on your latest adventure.

Your misery item in a farm field, could it be a cap off of a horse bridle or saddle ornament? Something along those lines?
Ed I must say you work hard for your rewards. I salute your spirit and your dedication to keep pounding such rough places. And I enjoy the story that goes along with the finds. Hope your season lasts long enough to add more silvers to your total, and congratulations on #59. Not bad at all friend, not bad at all.
The pewter lid is a puzzler. So many possibilities.
Congratulations on the Rosie. Lot of neat finds, and sounds like you worked for them.

Looks like a lid to something. But you knew that, haha.

Is there still good fishing there?
Yet another congrats on the silver. I don't know what that lid is but it is a great find..
I hope that warmer weather finds you ( and me too , I'm only a couple hours upwind of you)
HH
Pat
Congratulations Ed, on # 59 ! I just found #60 yesterday, it was my 60th time out also. Just got back into detecting after this hot dry summer.
Nice haul Ed. That lid looks real old.
Gerry
Pages: 1 2
Reference URL's