Treasure Classifieds Forum

Full Version: Went out looking for deep whispers today
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
Hello everybody, I hope you are getting out while the weather is still good and dig-able. I tried for deep whispers today, going slow and digging iffy signals, like we have been discussing here in the last few days. I got to thinking about a post where someone said they tried another spot which they haven't been at in a long time. So I started at the field near where I recovered the ring on the 18th. I went over that area again but doing the fringe of where I made that recovery. I did get a few nickels but no deep whispers. So I thought of the line - gotta go to a spot I haven't tried....so I started to meander off and head south a bit. I started to find some coins and then I get a deep whisper that turned out to be a 1924 wheat cent. I slow to a crawl and get another wheat cent - 1946 (coins and wheat cents not shown) then nothing. So a walk a little west and get a quarter (something pulled me to that one). After not getting any more targets I head north about ten feet and a get a nice nickle whisper, machine says 4 or 5 inches down - I open up a plug and could not believe it - another gold - this time a 14kt chain. Some of the chain was deeper than shown, I had to tug on it then use my digger to pry it loose. Weight is 7.7 grams - no brag just very happy and lucky I guess.
Enjoy the holiday tomorrow - don't eat to much....save room for desert...
That's the way to do it Big T!!! Yes Brag! You deserve it. 2 gold in a week is GREAT! I'll brag for you! WOOHOO! Big T is hitting the gold! Yes Yes Yes Beer

Bet the wife will now say, "I hope you have great luck.", next time she calls! Have a fabulous Thanksgiving!

Ed
Nice going again Tony! I was about to say go ahead and brag a bit, but Ed beat me to it.  You're certainly entitled to do so-----at least puff your chest out and swagger some. Your detailed approach and study is paying off. Keep listening to that machine, those whispers are like secrets.
Thanks Ed, it is a good feeling for sure....can't find silver try for gold is my new mantra!

Thanks Shade, yeah slow and listen in this weather is the best advice.

Enjoy your Turkey tomorrow folks!

PS: Yeah wife is happy and wants me to sell......ha ha
Very nice find Tony. Nothing like seeing gold at the bottom of a plug,
Gerry
Nice no bragging when you have something gold to show! 4 days off for turkey day I am going to do some in the cold Happy
Boy, you are on some kind of gold roll, Tony Yes Silver's nice, but yellow is even sweeter, especially with the gold prices rising Wink

Do you save your gold or send it to the refinery?

Would make a helluva Christmas gift for a family member once it's all cleaned & shiny.
Thanks Gerry, yeah, it makes me very happy.

Thanks Clad, cold weather is ok just dress for it - I did because it was still a good blow out there about 15 to 20 mph today here in NJ near water.

Joe, yeah a very good roll, two gold and a diamond ring......crazy for sure - no brag the last three times out I hit a cool keeper - except of course the ring recovery......
Yes, all shinny it looks ten times better. I will show it off at turkey dinner and see who asks for it
Dang you are finding more Gold inland than the beaches. Congratulations! You don't have to brag you recoveries are doing that for you! Hahaha. Good job, and keep them coming. Thanks for sharing.

How about showing us those gold pieces cleaned up? I would like see them shined up. Happy
Thanks Updownup. I haven't been to a beach in awhile but I love the beach.

Yeah, I have been lucky lately, Keep them coming ....well I probably need another new spot and you never know.

Enjoy the Turkey!
Pages: 1 2
Reference URL's