Treasure Classifieds Forum

Full Version: Nasty Test Bed
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
[attachment=9064] Well I got alittle bored waiting for it to fully rain or stop completely so I went out in the mist in Pennypops back yard Happy and Dug up 5 holes 8 inches deep in some really iron trashed ground I did toss away 2 large 3 inch nails I cam across but left everything else the same. a 1967 Half,2001 State Quarter,2011 Dime,wheat penny not sure on date,1982 Nickle all 8 inches on a plastic tray covered and packed up.
[attachment=9063]
I was curious when someone said halfs don't come up well since I have only found 2 this year I had to check so I put silver... (gulp) back into the ground....Sad

More to come as I was gettting cold didn't have time to test it to well with settings on the Makro Racer 1.

The Half dollar was put in a really nasty hole with alot of iron in the dirt but i could still pick it up every few sweeps as a 85-91
Good job on making a test bed. They are very useful, and you might be shocked on what you discover. Still the test bed is restricted to its variables within it's environment. Plus they say fresh planted coin not the same has one buried for years and years. But no doubt, a great investment. I'm excited to see your results.
I kinda go through Detectors like a Lumberjack go's through Pancakes even though I Find the Makro a keeper I will still buy others along the way to test and such so if I Find a detector that can Pick these up at 8 inches in a very iron rich ground better then the makro it will become a new Main machine Happy
You did a good neat job on your test garden, and they can reveal a lot about how your machines will react to targets in similar circumstances. Let us know how some of your tests go. I'd like to know. Speaking from experience, it is possible to hide a target too well! I'm a little more careful now.
(11-25-2016 11:25 PM)shadeseeker Wrote: [ -> ]You did a good neat job on your test garden, and they can reveal a lot about how your machines will react to targets in similar circumstances. Let us know how some of your tests go. I'd like to know. Speaking from experience, it is possible to hide a target too well! I'm a little more careful now.
Alot of my hunting grounds are full of trash so I wanted to have the test bed be as close to my hunting conditions as possible I didn't add Iron but I didn't take much away either I get low numbers on each swing if i can master 8 inch coins in that mess My normal hunting will become alot easier! The dime at 8 inches is a true test once I get my settings to pick that up in trash i'm set.
(11-25-2016 07:28 PM)Cladjunky Wrote: [ -> ]I kinda go through Detectors like a Lumberjack go's through Pancakes even though I Find the Makro a keeper I will still buy others along the way to test and such so if I Find a detector that can Pick these up at 8 inches in a very iron rich ground better then the makro it will become a new Main machine Happy
I bet that Sorex Pro would find um also.TongueTongueCoolYes
(11-26-2016 01:51 AM)Riverteamsixdetectors Wrote: [ -> ]
(11-25-2016 07:28 PM)Cladjunky Wrote: [ -> ]I kinda go through Detectors like a Lumberjack go's through Pancakes even though I Find the Makro a keeper I will still buy others along the way to test and such so if I Find a detector that can Pick these up at 8 inches in a very iron rich ground better then the makro it will become a new Main machine Happy
I bet that Sorex Pro would find um also.TongueTongueCoolYes

Only way to know is send it to me for a week Happy Nudge Nudge Wink Wink No what I mean!
Nice test bed, CJ Yes As others have said, it proves invaluable when testing different machines. Out of all the machines you've had/tried before, the Makro is the best in your dirt, eh? I've heard nothing but good things about the Makro's, and they're supposed to be among the best when it comes to working in heavy trash/iron.

In reference to the halves theory, not sure how plausible it is. To me, unless a half is super deep (10 or 12"+) or is buried on edge, it should ring up loud and clear. That you were able to hear yours (even intermittently) in bad dirt seems reasonable to me. If it wasn't for the bad soil, it would've probably sounded much clearer & distinct.
Cool idea and that is some good work, congratulations.
Now the half and 85-91. What does that mean to someone who doesn't use a Makro?
Why such a range of numbers?
My Exp II gives two numbers, one is ferrous and the other is conductive.
Maybe I need to buy one of those Makro, we will c
(11-26-2016 02:39 PM)Bigtony Wrote: [ -> ]Cool idea and that is some good work, congratulations.
Now the half and 85-91. What does that mean to someone who doesn't use a Makro?
Why such a range of numbers?
My Exp II gives two numbers, one is ferrous and the other is conductive.
Maybe I need to buy one of those Makro, we will c

A 1967 Half dollar is 40 percent silver as most know and the size gives the VDI # the 2 digit identification number on the screen a 91 if only a few inches down but at 8 inches in alot of iron it will still be a high number in the high 80's to lower 90's as the detector is trying to figure out what exactly is down there and the distance. So you do alot of passes and average out the numbers comes to 85 to 91 VDI number with a high tone most of the time a hot dig hit. I have to play with the settings on the makro to try and get that to come up more often and once I figure that out I can use those settings in the field to help me pull more Good items out of my hunting grounds.
Pages: 1 2
Reference URL's