Treasure Classifieds Forum

Full Version: Bucket lister and 2 of them!
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
Got out today and started detecting around 7am-10:30. I got 5 buttons and a musketball (not pictured).
James managed to get 3 buttons and a 1830 capped bust half dime and a KG2 farthing.
We went to the next site and detected from 11-1:30. Was my first time in this specific field from a large permission I recieved recently.
This field was pretty quiet for having 3 colonials still standing all near it and one which was a farm.
James got a nice concave tombac and 2 flatties...and I recieved my first and two of them...

1791-1792 french 3 deniers from King Louis the 16th. The equalivance of 1 livre and half of a French half sol. It is the size of a nickle.
The other completely toasted denier is the same size and weight and found in proximity of the other.
Either way, glad to have both even though the better one isn't that great or a looker. But glad I was able to ID it. (1 letter from the front and the pillar on the reverse matched) But it's holed and I now have a French coin.
Thanks for looking and Happy hunting
Congratulations on the deniers / French coins. Wow, bet those folks that lost them were strange looking. Haha, that old real old! Good job!
Congratulations on the deniers! Your in a good spot and doing well keep it going
Those finds are great. Congratulations. I'd love to find something that old.
Gerry
Thanks guys!
I wish it was in better condition for you all to view. But like I mentioned, I'm still glad to have it and was able to ID it!
Next find will be a nice old silver...and a very nice sight to see CoolYes
You keep coming up with the good stuff  Zach, mighty happy for you. You have done astoundingly well in a very short time. You realize there's no limit to what you can find in those colonial settings that you hunt? Wow, what an opportunity you have there.
Another awesome find for Zach! Your posts always have something great in them , I am looking forward to the sweet silver you have promised us. 
Pat
Man, Zach, you got the hot touch Yes Those are some oldies!!! Great score Beer
Amazing finds Zach older then 1800 finds would make me wet myself! Hope Ed isn't around if I ever find something that old or I doubt I would get away without a video or picture of it Happy But you know what I'd still keep digging!Yes
If I ever found a coin that old somebody better dial 911 (hint: John) ! Nice catches and keep up the great work Zach! You may just be scratching the surface!

Ed
Pages: 1 2
Reference URL's