Treasure Classifieds Forum

Full Version: #40,41,42 and 43 YTD
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Got out for almost 5 hours yesterday. Had a slow start without any silver or wheats for over an hour. Moved to another area about 50 feet away and started finding wheats. Ended up with 4 Mercs (2 in the same hole), a 1905 IH and 22 wheats (not shown)
Gerry[attachment=9073].

P.S.The IH was left a little too long in the electrolysis and got rid of a lot of the patina.
Gerry
Nice going Gerry!! Yes Coffee It seems to me, in my experience detecting, that I always find coins and such in areas that I would not suspect coins to be. But the logic is flawed somewhat because we can't take a really good look back at an area and see what was really going on there. So the only good way is to keep moving, testing or surveying to find out. I'm with you when I am stagnant for an hour or so, I just stop detecting and move elsewhere in the area. And patina or not, I WISH I could get IH's to come out looking like that! Yes

Ed
Nice recovery work there Gerry. You are doing so well with the Etrac that now I'm expecting to see silver when you post. Lots of detail left on the IH too.
Nice one gerry! Not a bad day at all. The Indians color is beautiful. Keep at it and happy hunting!
Nice mercs that IH looks so clean was it bad before the bath?

(11-28-2016 03:13 PM)Cladjunky Wrote: [ -> ]Nice mercs that IH looks so clean was it bad before the bath?

The IH had the usual crust on it. I just made an electrolysis machine but left it on a little too long so it got rid of some of the patina. I have to get used to using it.
Gerry
WOW, that indian came out great! As much as I like the green patina, I do enjoy seeing the coin in its natural state, as well. Very cool, and gratz on another good hunt Yes
Congratulations on the 41 cents of happiness! Congratulations on # 43, WTG.

I have been stuck on I believe 34 for awhile now so it is good to see good work like you and others are doing in the silver category
Congratulations on the 4 silvers and IH! Sweet you are rocking it. If you started out slow you surely knocked it out of the park by the end of day. Happy
Reference URL's