Treasure Classifieds Forum

Full Version: Ace 400 New Shaft for Pennypops
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
Ok so I had an Ace 400 when it first came out and I found that the Detector worked very good and simple but the design of the shaft was terrible Heavy and unbalanced my arm would get tired very fast. So I just recently did some Trading with http://www.rt6detectors.com/ a sponsor of the classfieds here and Got my father a nice new Ace 400 to use but being 76 I made some mods to the Shaft here they are.
The Draft and first version:
[attachment=9086]
Before and After:
[attachment=9085]
Model ® Pennypops;
[attachment=9087] [attachment=9088]
I put the armrest from a Fisher F22 on it and backwards since its wider in the back it makes the detector seem very light.
Cost $9.50 at Home Depot
PVC schedule 40+lower shaft of the ace+bicycle hand grip+5 screws as this is a work in progress no glue just yet. Just as easy to put the Ace armrest in place.
You are the MAN!!! Nice job John! Yes I hope your dad loves it!

Ed
(11-30-2016 09:09 PM)Ohio Dirt Fisher Wrote: [ -> ]You are the MAN!!! Nice job John! Yes I hope your dad loves it!

Ed

This weekend we will put a couple hours on it and then make adjustments the lower shaft has 8 inches of adjustment I will drill more holes for the armcuff. Thanks did the drawing on monday bought the supplys on tuesday and put it together this morning Happy
Good job on the mods to Pop's new detector. I love to tinker with things and I really appreciate seeing someone do the same. You've taken a detector designed for the general population and personalized it for your Dad's comfort and convenience. Nice! Hope he has great success.
Looking good, great idea. I hope he enjoys it more now
Very Nice bro. I hope pops likes the Ace 400. Cool
The Ace lower shaft and I am almost sure the At lower shaft both slide almost perfectly into schedule 40 pvc 3/4 if anyone was wondering so I just drilled holes on the sides for the push pins to pop into to adjust the length for the hand grip I used 1/2 pvc easier to grip cut the closed end off of a bicycle grip spray alittle wd 40 on the pvc and the grip go's on easier. For personal use I would PVC glue it but seeing as we are in a trial situation I don't want anything set in stone. If by chance we don't want the ace 400 anymore I have all the parts to put it back together for resale or if someone with a shorter arm wants it. This is a prototype I will get the drill press out of the garage and experiment with different conduit and other pvc that may even be lighter. A very good winter project Happy Now all I need is for Pennypop to start hauling in the good stuff!

Thanks all for the comments I will give a complete list of parts if anyone is interested I may even make a diagram.
I  think that  Pennypop should be one proud Dad! Great design, simple, inexpensive, looks good,  and probably a real improvement.
Looks good. Hope it performs well. If not, I'm sure you will tweak it to his liking.

Hope he finds something real nice. Nice of you to do that for your Dad. GJ and GL.
You do good work Yes Hopefully it's a bit easier for your dad to swing, and it equates into more hunting time. That would be a win all the way around Happy
Pages: 1 2
Reference URL's