Treasure Classifieds Forum

Full Version: 58 caliber minié ball
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
I Found this yesterday. It is really the first thing found from my bucket list. I found this at the site of a 1873 one room school house in the Medina OH area. It was about 6" deep.  I also found a horse shoe at about the same depth. 
[attachment=9091][attachment=9093][attachment=9094]
Cool find! I've still got that one on my bucket list too! I've found all kinds of bullets though. Oldest one was a 45-70. Great catch! Yes

Ed
That's a great find Hands, and I'm sure you felt a thrill when you saw it pop out. Can you imagine the damage a bullet like that could inflict on a person? Hurry back and see what else might be waiting at that school house site. Looks like you have some good detecting areas lined up already.
Congratulations on the three ringer! Awesome find, and I hope you find more sweet stuff. Good luck and happy hunting.
You're onto a good spot if you're finding 3 ringers Yes Pound that place hard. I never had the opportunity to hunt a one room schoolhouse, but I'd sure love to. Thanks for sharing, and welcome to our community.
Very cool find, congratulations!
Congrats on a awesome find and a bucket lister! Keep hitting that site and I'm sure you'll have more to show for it. Best of luck and happy hunting
Nice find in Medina Happy Get your cleveland metro parks liscense next year its free and go's down to Hinckley. Maybe the bullet was in a lame horse? I find bullets ring up so loud and clear on any of the detectors I have used, love those signals... Walking on my roof at work I find them stuck point first into the roof 6 this year so far. Yours is so much better then this one I hope you find many more and i Hope i find alot less.
[attachment=9095]
(12-02-2016 06:55 AM)Cladjunky Wrote: [ -> ]Nice find in Medina Happy Get your cleveland metro parks liscense next year its free and go's down to Hinckley.  

I met you at edgewater a couple of months ago. You are the reason that I joined this site.  I'm sorry that I couldn't remember your name when I registered. I wanted you to get the credit. I don't know if that can be rectified.  I tried to contact one off the site administrators about it but gave up because I couldn't PM anyone (and still cannot) . Anyway, I have the Metropark permit like you suggested but when I called the Hinckley office I was told that I was not permitted to dig anywhere but the beach area. Basically I was told that that is what it says on my permit. Maybe I was talking to the rong person.
I'm glad you came to the forums its a great place for treasure hunters! Don't worry about credit for signing up its all good that you made it. As far as digging as with all Metro parks they will say no digging and I agree it would be messy if we did that but if you cut a Plug then replace the grass on top so its not visible rangers will not bother you. I would also recommend a hand shovel or a small 30 inch one made for cutting small Plugs you draw attention to yourself if you have a long red trench digger with you Happy Good luck and happy hunting hope to see you around the Emerald Necklace!
Reference URL's