Treasure Classifieds Forum

Full Version: First gold with ice.
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
Went beach hunting Monday. Found this little 3.4g 10k (Love story) ring with small diamond. I believe this ring was on the move. It's a lot like a parachute and it had been lost for awhile. Started finding lighter aluminum (can slaw) and bottle caps. I said to myself this is not good. Because normally you want to find the items with more density. This just proves you never know. I thought it was another piece of aluminum. Light gold is a keeper in my book. Hope everyone finds something nice, good luck.
[attachment=9096]
[attachment=9097]

My first ring with diamond.
Very nice ring 10k gold rings up so low it can be tricky for sure. Thats the kinda ice I dont mind finding on the sidewalk at work.
Great find Up! To pick up gold on a random aluminum signal is a great stroke of luck! Yes And I know how you feel about that aluminum s'crap'. I was thinking that in some of the heavily used parks I would just grid out 10x10 foot areas and dig all the gold signals. Then if that area didn't 'pan' out, move to the next ten x ten and do it again. So I figured that in an 80 acre park, with being able to do 4 squares in a four hour shift, it would take me approximately 796 years. Considering seasonal weather shut downs. I started two months ago. Wish me luck! Chuckle

Ed
Nice ring and congrats on your first diamond gold ring find. Best of luck and hh
Congratulations Updownup ! That's a beauty and not to light 3.4 grams is a good haul for just thinking it was aluminum foil can slaw. 10kt can be a bit tricky - but a cool find, WTG!
I  understand that most modern diamonds are etched with a microscopic serial number. Maybe you can find its owner.
That's a beauty! Congratulations.
Gerry
Way to go Updown , that is a nice looking ring.
Pat

(12-02-2016 12:24 PM)Ohio Dirt Fisher Wrote: [ -> ]Great find Up! To pick up gold on a random aluminum signal is a great stroke of luck!  Yes  And I know how you feel about that aluminum s'crap'. I was thinking that in some of the heavily used parks I would just grid out 10x10 foot areas and dig all the gold signals. Then if that area didn't 'pan' out, move to the next ten x ten and do it again. So I figured that in an 80 acre park, with being able to do 4 squares in a four hour shift, it would take me approximately 796 years. Considering seasonal weather shut downs. I started two months ago. Wish me luck! Chuckle

Ed

That is an interesting theory , if I'm still around I'll try and check back in 796 years to see how you did! Tongue
Pat
Your gold find has me green with envy!
I've been away from the forum for a couple of days so it was extra nice to get back on and see Updown with diamonds and gold! Way to go. Every time I see a beach find posted here it makes me wish I were closer to the coast. Good snag amongst all that trash Updown.
Pages: 1 2
Reference URL's