Treasure Classifieds Forum

Full Version: Hunted a Tot lot today with a grass field next to it and scored a small earring
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
I hunted a tot lot today with a grass field next to it. The tot lot was a small area with swings and a slide. I got lucky with a nice nickle tone it was about 1 1/2 inches down a cool little 14 kt earring with very small chips on both sides and a green stone in the center of it.
I also picked up what I think is a silver plated heart, it came up nickle. I probably will test it when I am snow bound and looking for stuff to do. The wheat was in a grass area a few feet from a small tree, the rest was just clad. This area is not an old area, just happy no brag.
Sorry the photo is not the best.

Best of luck out there.
Nice saves and congrats on the gold! Keep it up and best of luck!
Cool finds Big T! That silver is probably plated on copper or brass. I've noted a lot of the silver plate stuff comes in a little higher tone than copper or brass but the numbers stay in the copper brass range. Photo or not, the gold earring is a keeper. Yes Amazing how much small stuff our machines can pick up. I'd take 14k gold earrings all day if I found them!!

Ed
Way to go on the yellow Bigt . It looks like it was a fun hunt.
Pat
Thanks guys - It was a fun hunt that put a smile on my face.

Yeah - it is crazy how we can find such tiny stuff with our machines but I have to admit - I love my pin pointer big time - it really helps in recovery of those tiny items
What about the CLAD! I see clad in the background forget the gold and silver and diamonds! Happy Yes I love clad nice chunky earring find and a wheat!
Good bit of detecting Tony. It is very interesting that such small items can be picked up by the detector. And you are right about pin pointers ---makes me think how many times I nearly went crazy looking for indicated targets without a visual before the pin pointers came around. Now if you don't see it right away, the PP will let you zero in very quickly and you are on your way to another hit.
Clad, yeah man I hear you - $4.01 in clad. Plenty of quarters there and memorials that think they are quarters, probably late 60's to early 70's.

Shade, yeah it would really slow us down looking for items and maybe get frustrated and move on without it, thereby the term came along , "leave it for the next day" or "you can't get it all". Sometimes the small finds are exciting.
Thanks for the happiness guys,

Good luck out there
Excellent score Yes Tot lots are terrific places to find gold & silver jewelry, Tony. If you put a small coil on your detector and turn the sensitivity down, the best areas to search are under the monkey bars, under the swings and on the bottom of the slide. Look carefully around benches too, as the parents sit on them and play with their rings, drop coins, etc. Gold is a lot tougher to find than a coin, so you deserve every bit of that beauty for being able to sniff it out.
Thanks Joe. Yeah, mothers attending to very young children are the best depositors for jewelry. Then the children always leave some stuff behind.
Cool, good luck out there
Pages: 1 2
Reference URL's