Treasure Classifieds Forum

Full Version: Ever see one of these?
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
I just found this the other day.
Looks like a old BFO Machine probably late 60s early 70s is my guess. 
Based on the label, Garrett made it for a third-party company.

Very cool, thanks for sharing.
You're showing your age, Will Tongue 

As much complaining as some of us do nowadays about wanting newer, better detectors every 10 minutes, oldies like that show us how far we've come...and how lucky we are to swing some awesome pieces of technological instruments.

I know many old-timers who still use detectors from the 70's & 80's, and they do fine with them. Why? Because they practice the two most important things in this hobby...

They know their machines inside & out, and they hit the right spots. IMO, those two things are paramount. Type/brand/model of detector comes last.

Joe
(10-12-2013 09:02 PM)NjNyDigger Wrote: [ -> ]You're showing your age, Will Tongue 

As much complaining as some of us do nowadays about wanting newer, better detectors every 10 minutes, oldies like that show us how far we've come...and how lucky we are to swing some awesome pieces of technological instruments.

I know many old-timers who still use detectors from the 70's & 80's, and they do fine with them. Why? Because they practice the two most important things in this hobby...

They know their machines inside & out, and they hit the right spots. IMO, those two things are paramount. Type/brand/model of detector comes last.

Joe

That is very true. I wouldn't really try to use this old bfo though. I do have an old 1980s Whites detector that works great though. The new ones are easier and lighter. The old Whites is powerful and IDs very well too.
Reference URL's