Treasure Classifieds Forum

Full Version: Thursdays arrowhead find
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Went out for about 2 hours and 1 of it was with cassandra on Thursday, got pieces of lead, the usual. A interesting lead or pewter piece, looks like a crest or something. Not sure. A piece of ornate silver something. Both aren't pictured till tomorrow.
So for now, I can share the arrow head. I eyeballed a nice arrowhead.
With the help of shade, he was able to narrow it down to the possible lehigh variety. Anywhere from 4000-6000 yrs old. It is now my oldest find to date if it counts.

Pictures from Thursday's unknowns and today's 1 and a half hour hunt with a bucketlister...! Relic. Will be posted tomorrow.

6 hour hunt at sun up tomorrow (saturday). Hope to have some more to show.

Happy hunting and enjoy!
Zach
Wow, what a cool find, congratulations!
(12-02-2016 11:13 PM)Zachbl92 Wrote: [ -> ]Went out for about 2 hours and 1 of it was with cassandra on Thursday, got pieces of lead, the usual. A interesting lead or pewter piece, looks like a crest or something. Not sure. A piece of ornate silver something. Both aren't pictured till tomorrow.
So for now, I can share the arrow head. I eyeballed a nice arrowhead.
With the help of shade, he was able to narrow it down to the possible lehigh variety. Anywhere from 4000-6000 yrs old. It is now my oldest find to date if it counts.

Nice find. My  father used to find arrowheads all the time while plowing fields here in Northern Ohio. He just seemed to have a knack for seeing them. I  wonder what ever happened to them? There was a family in my school that found over 5000 of them on their property. They guess that there was once an Indian village there.
Wow so clean very nice condition I would put that in a frame and put it on the wall!
That's a beauty Zach and as old as anything you'll ever dig, so be proud of it. It pays to keep an eye on the ground as well as on the detector screen.
Awesome! I never found one of those, Zach, but if I did, I'd probably crap my pants.

Just think, a Native American Indian made that, by hand, thousands of years ago to hunt food, and to use as a form of personal protection. That point might've been used to feed his/her entire family, or to help defend them during an attack.

That is a stunning piece of history, and is probably one of the nicest point's I've ever seen before Beer

And thank you Shade, for helping with the I.D. on the piece Wink
Cool find Zach - gotta love finding indian artifacts Yes
Congratulations on the super find! That is beautiful and it is a time machine. Wow, maybe 6,000 years old. Very nice!
Great find Zach!!! I always keep an eye out for them. To hold something that old in your hand is a real thrill!!!!

Ed
That arrowhead is a work of art. It amazes me how beautifully they are made.
Gerry
Reference URL's