Treasure Classifieds Forum

Full Version: What a Story
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
I'm a bit of a documentary nut. I stumbled across this video on Youtube, started casually watching it, and couldn't shut the thing off. It is a stunning story of an American soldier stationed in N. Korea's DMZ, who wound up defecting to the other side during the Korean war, along with a handful of other American soldiers.

My first feeling was the guy is a traitor bastard, and should be hung. You never leave your comrades behind. At least, that's my opinion. But after watching the full story, and reading about this guy's upbringing, my viewpoint shifted a bit. As like a lot other things in life, it isn't always black & white.

If you have an hour and fifteen minutes, watch this video. I don't think there's a lull in this story at all, really captivating.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1DvBybErjUM
(12-03-2016 01:29 PM)NjNyDigger Wrote: [ -> ]I'm a bit of a documentary nut. I stumbled across this video on Youtube, started casually watching it, and couldn't shut the thing off. It is a stunning story of an American soldier stationed in N. Korea's DMZ, who wound up defecting to the other side during the Korean war, along with a handful of other American soldiers.

My first feeling was the guy is a traitor bastard, and should be hung. You never leave your comrades behind. At least, that's my opinion. But after watching the full story, and reading about this guy's upbringing, my viewpoint shifted a bit. As like a lot other things in life, it isn't always black & white.

If you have an hour and fifteen minutes, watch this video. I don't think there's a lull in this story at all, really captivating.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1DvBybErjUM
Sounds really interesting, once I have the time I'll give it a watch
Sorry Joe, I can't watch this one. I am sure it is a terrific story but too busy these days.
I'd love to watch that one Joe. Good documentaries can be very interesting and thought provoking. Sadly, watching it on Youtube would eat up all my data allowance in one pop. I'll just have to catch it on a TV rerun sometime. Living out in the boonies is great, except when it comes to internet use. I have to deal with all the problems of satellite service if I want to be connected.
Cheap detectors in North Korea just watch the mine fields!
Reference URL's