Treasure Classifieds Forum

Full Version: Cold day detecting but had fun
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
Nice finds Tony. I hear ya' about the pain in the ass innocent bystanders. The colder weather keeps some of them away.
Gerry
Thanks guys, I coldn't reply today I was out detecting and brought home five wheat cents and some clad. Yeah it's cold out there but as Ed said you have to dress for it.
Yesterday and today the wind was blowing so I walk backwards to keep my face warm. And like Ed, if I have the time I detect until the ground freezes because if I wait then the heat will get you to stay inside........
Nice catch on the silver Beer Get out now, even if it's a bit chilly, as you'll be kicking yourself that you didn't about a month from now. Throw a couple of those hand warmer packs in your pockets, or even your gloves, wear layers, and hit the dirt. I enjoy the cold, but when the damn wind is gusting 40 or 50 MPH, admittedly, that is not so pleasant, and I normally take a pass.
Thanks Joe, I agree if the wind is real bad or it's raining then I say no way.
I do dress warm and just make the best of it even for one hour or two on those cold days that I get myself out.
After the frost is here to stay and I am climbing the walls hoping to detect - I call a few friends and see who wants to trip down to the shore if it is a sunny day. It doesn't even have to be low tide just to get out and enjoy the outdoors without the crowds.
Pages: 1 2
Reference URL's