Treasure Classifieds Forum

Full Version: Pay with Gold
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Tony's posting of that interesting gold robbery had me do a double take when I saw this thing featured in an article this morning on a news site...

It's a small credit card sized sheet of pure gold. It has 50 perforated tabs, which can easily be broken off, allowing the owner of the card to pay for their transactions in gold! The citizens of many countries with rocky banking systems are buying these in case the banks go bust, or if their currencies are pulled. There are even countries now accepting payment with these. They make them in silver and palladium, too.

Very interesting idea. Wonder if that would work here? On the face of it, it might sound absurd. But if someone told me 10 years ago about a digital currency called Bitcoin, I would've been equally suspect.

Wouldn't it be wild to walk into a store, break off a tab or two and use it to buy something?

http://www.combibar.com/
(12-05-2016 02:41 PM)NjNyDigger Wrote: [ -> ]Tony's posting of that interesting gold robbery had me do a double take when I saw this thing featured in an article this morning on a news site...

It's a small credit card sized sheet of pure gold. It has 50 perforated tabs, which can easily be broken off, allowing the owner of the card to pay for their transactions in gold! The citizens of many countries with rocky banking systems are buying these in case the banks go bust, or if their currencies are pulled. There are even countries now accepting payment with these. They make them in silver and palladium, too.

Very interesting idea. Wonder if that would work here? On the face of it, it might sound absurd. But if someone told me 10 years ago about a digital currency called Bitcoin, I would've been equally suspect.

Wouldn't it be wild to walk into a store, break off a tab or two and use it to buy something?

http://www.combibar.com/

Interesting, it would be a great for of payment and cash would look much better made of gold, it'd give us detector is ts something good to dig up, too! whoever made this it was a great idea, thanks for sharing this, njnydigger
These may be in all our futures if the doom and gloom gold bug types like James Rickard are correct and the events on Jan. 17 come about as he says. The IMF will restructure the voting power of members on that date and the US will no longer have veto power as it has lost enough global GDP to longer out rank the BRIC countries. If as expected , the rest of the world is tired of watching the US print dollars with reckless abandon and a new global reserve currency is in the works , all bets on the value of the dollar are off. With 1.5 trillion dollar under funded pension bubble , a 1 trillion dollar unpaid tuition bubble and Trumps 3/4 trillion dollar infrastructure spending in the future , these cards may be in great demand.
(12-05-2016 05:27 PM)Dusty Wrote: [ -> ]These may be in all our futures if the doom and gloom gold bug types like James Rickard are correct and the events on Jan. 17 come about as he says. The IMF will restructure the voting power of members on that date and the US will no longer have veto power as it has lost enough global GDP to longer out rank the BRIC countries. If as expected , the rest of the world is tired of watching the US print dollars with reckless abandon and a new global reserve currency is in the works , all bets on the value of the dollar are off. With 1.5 trillion dollar under funded pension bubble , a 1 trillion dollar unpaid tuition bubble and Trumps 3/4 trillion dollar infrastructure spending in the future , these cards may be in great demand.

I hope it never comes to that, Dusty, but who knows for sure. We're in this mess because that idiot Nixon terminated the Bretton Woods standard, thereby leaving the value of the dollar backed by nothing but air. So yeah, ramp those presses up and print more notes, that'll solve everything!

Gold as a payment option in times of doom are feasible, but need to be organized and properly set up & monitored. If there's no money available to the masses, what good what gold be? Where would people convert it into cash? Would EVERYTHING be a mandatory gold payment system then? It can get tricky real fast. One can't eat gold.

I think if there was every a truly cataclysmic event on Earth, the best option would be a bartering system of some kind. Each of us has something we excel at, whether it be brains, brawn, etc. And if we could harness that type of power, we'd stand a chance.
A new coin to find with the detectors! WOOHOO!
I saw that awhile on a business channel. I think they said the sheets of gold have plastic on front and back but I could be mistaken. At first I thought there was no demand for this but hey maybe that is why many countries are stocking up on gold big time, another means of getting more money back from folks. They do charge a premium and use vending machines to distribute them cutting out the employee salary as well.
(12-05-2016 08:09 PM)Cladjunky Wrote: [ -> ]A new coin to find with the detectors! WOOHOO!

From your mouth to God's ears!

(12-06-2016 01:32 PM)Bigtony Wrote: [ -> ]I saw that awhile on a business channel. I think they said the sheets of gold have plastic on front and back but I could be mistaken. At first I thought there was no demand for this but hey maybe that is why many countries are stocking up on gold big time, another means of getting more money back from folks. They do charge a premium and use vending machines to distribute them cutting out the employee salary as well.

I believe most of the demand is the usual precious metal bugs, who like to stock up on all sorts of gold & silver, but there are also many in countries with currency issues and/or economic concerns who are buying them to pay for their goods. I don't know exactly how that works, but it's a novel idea. I'm guessing it's similar in nature to Bitcoin, where only certain vendors will accept payment in gold or silver. If you go to the website link, they provide a lot of information as to how the particulars work.
Joe, yeah this is interesting. I guess the world out there is plenty different from the US. I would say that India, Middle East countries come to mind first off for this type of currency to take hold.
More to come.
Reference URL's