Treasure Classifieds Forum

Full Version: Helpful Site
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Wayne provided me some great clues on my token yesterday, which got me closer to an I.D., but still no exact match. So, I posted it today on a site called TokenCatalog.com. A very helpful fella named John who's a member there assisted me with my post, as when submitting a piece, they require precise information, and it's a bit cumbersome to upload on the platform. However, the site is a wealth of information on any kind of token, medal or badge, with literally thousands upon thousands of different types featured.

In addition to helping with I.D.'s on pieces, they also run an auction site where members can buy & sell pieces, too.

John just joined our community (Idahotokens), and I think he'll be a lot of help in identifying our unknown token, medal or badge pieces.

Excellent website to add to your favorites Yes

http://TokenCatalog.com
Yeah, it is a good site, thanks for the information. Joe what did you find on the Lyceum token?
(12-06-2016 11:14 PM)Bigtony Wrote: [ -> ]Yeah, it is a good site, thanks for the information. Joe what did you find on the Lyceum token?

Just submitted it yesterday evening, and haven't checked on any possible replies yet.

I'm 99% certain that it's simply a generic token from an old theater, movie house or dance hall that was called "Lyceum", and it was used for entry into the premises, or maybe to buy a soda or snacks. That would make the most sense, but I could be wrong.

The thing is, when I have a nice piece and I cannot properly I.D. it, I tend to get very frustrated. I enjoy knowing precisely what something is, and what it was used for.
Joe, we all know that frustration and all probably have plenty of UMOs. Unidentified Metal Objests (phrase coined by the late Joe Cook).
Hopefully you will get an answer soon from that site. It was a cool looking token and unique for sure
This is an awesome site. I found some Henly & Ezell trade tokens from Knoxville a few years back and have had trouble finding anything about them. They are listed on there but no pics. I will contribute and add the pics of the ones I have tonight.
(12-07-2016 10:49 AM)Riverteamsixdetectors Wrote: [ -> ]This is an awesome site. I found some Henly & Ezell trade tokens from Knoxville a few years back and have had trouble finding anything about them. They are listed on there but no pics. I will contribute and add the pics of the ones I have tonight.

The site is great, but keep in mind it is a bit on the confusing side. Posting is quite involved, but worth it in the long run.
Reference URL's