Treasure Classifieds Forum

Full Version: Just some buttons from last week
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
These are 4 buttons from last week's hunt at a newer permission of mine. 3 of them which would be 1700s. The dandy and the nice sized complete tombac and the thin no back mark probably shirt or jacket button.
Along with a likely 1800s button.

My friend found some buttons and a apparently rare counter stamped kg2 from 173?. The Stamp is M W. This is the same area I found my 1738 kg2 farthing but no stamp...owell!

Enjoy and happy hunting
Buttons, buttons and more buttons! Nice score, and that KG looks sweet, too Yes How did you score permission, knocking?
(12-10-2016 08:49 PM)NjNyDigger Wrote: [ -> ]Buttons, buttons and more buttons! Nice score, and that KG looks sweet, too Yes How did you score permission, knocking?
Thanks, I really love the coin. I was jealous at first but now I'm happy for him. I saw how happy he was and it made me happy for him.
This permission is from a door knock. My 1753 house site, the older folks who I help out and talk to instead of detecting ocassionally.
He gave me the number to the guy who owns the fields there and I called and explained and he said yes.
The huge permission with dozens of fields along a stretch of a 3 mile road against a creek....and across the road as well.
She got that permission for me, she called the lady and the lady spoke to her husband. And then I went over and he said have fun but come here before you start and come back and show what you find.
And then another larger area as well. All from the one door knock!
(12-10-2016 09:02 PM)Zachbl92 Wrote: [ -> ]
(12-10-2016 08:49 PM)NjNyDigger Wrote: [ -> ]Buttons, buttons and more buttons! Nice score, and that KG looks sweet, too Yes How did you score permission, knocking?
Thanks, I really love the coin. I was jealous at first but now I'm happy for him. I saw how happy he was and it made me happy for him.
This permission is from a door knock. My 1753 house site, the older folks who I help out and talk to instead of detecting ocassionally.
He gave me the number to the guy who owns the fields there and I called and explained and he said yes.
The huge permission with dozens of fields along a stretch of a 3 mile road against a creek....and across the road as well.
She got that permission for me, she called the lady and the lady spoke to her husband. And then I went over and he said have fun but come here before you start and come back and show what you find.
And then another larger area as well. All from the one door knock!

That's the way you do it Yes For some reason, most of the guys I know in this hobby don't like door knocking, and I don't know why. I can understand their trepidation, but what's the worst that'll happen? You get a no, and move on. Private properties are too good, and can offer too much, to not knock, IMO.
Congrats on the kg!!! Nice buttons too! If there's a creek adjoining the property, go do the edges of the banks on the upper 3 feet and the lower 3 feet. (Think, "Where did they water the horses and mules.", look for cuts in the treeline or where bigger trees are separated widely by smaller trees!) Especially this time of year when the weeds and grasses are down. GO BUY A YELLOW VEST AND HAT! Or a hoodie! Screw those hunters. Or wait until Spring but get there before everything sprouts again!

Ed
Love the KG , the buttons are always fun to see. I don't dig many of them but would really like to.
HH
Pat

(12-10-2016 11:59 PM)Ohio Dirt Fisher Wrote: [ -> ]Congrats on the kg!!! Nice buttons too! If there's a creek adjoining the property, go do the edges of the banks on the upper 3 feet and the lower 3 feet. (Think, "Where did they water the horses and mules.", look for cuts in the treeline or where bigger trees are separated widely by smaller trees!) Especially this time of year when the weeds and grasses are down. GO BUY A YELLOW VEST AND HAT! Or a hoodie! Screw those hunters. Or wait until Spring but get there before everything sprouts again!

Ed

Great advice Ed , I hope it leads to some more great finds ( and posts).
Pat
(12-11-2016 10:20 AM)Digsit Wrote: [ -> ]Love the KG , the buttons are always fun to see. I don't dig many of them but would really like to.
HH
Pat

(12-10-2016 11:59 PM)Ohio Dirt Fisher Wrote: [ -> ]Congrats on the kg!!! Nice buttons too! If there's a creek adjoining the property, go do the edges of the banks on the upper 3 feet and the lower 3 feet. (Think, "Where did they water the horses and mules.", look for cuts in the treeline or where bigger trees are separated widely by smaller trees!) Especially this time of year when the weeds and grasses are down. GO BUY A YELLOW VEST AND HAT! Or a hoodie! Screw those hunters. Or wait until Spring but get there before everything sprouts again!

Ed

Great advice Ed , I hope it leads to some more great finds ( and posts).
Pat

Thanks all, but the counter stamped KG2 isn't my find. Wish it was. As for the property...it's off limits until the end of December he told me. He rents out the fields to hunters.
This is the area I've found all my 1600s pieces and other stuff.
But the new area I explored from another permission is producing and right next to a house and the road. So I'm good there until january.
As for the tips, thank you. Sadly I've not been able to get into even a 1/4th of his fields so far and not even 1% of covering the area. The ones I have, I've gotten as close to the edges water as possible. The rest either have thick trees than a invasive long foxtail looking thing that's like 10ft and thick.
Zach no pressure but we need your posts Happy Keep it up feed us!
Man o man you are killing it with really cool stuff, congratulations!
Congratulations on the 1700 of anything! Those buttons and KG are awesome finds!
Reference URL's