Treasure Classifieds Forum

Full Version: How many CTX3030s here?
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2

Ben Town

How many regulars here run a CTX3030?
I've just recently traded my Safari in on a CTX.
I've had a few hours at an old fort site , it's a great place with the Safari as I could run it full tilt, wide open screen and dig just about everything that hit.
With the 3030 as it was the first time out I ran auto+3 in the relic mode witch is just about an open screen.Got a few hours in in iffy weather, but had to give it a go.
I'm sure in the spring I will run in manual and will have a 17" coil for max depth.
Also been learning the Ins and outs of the GPS system.
Being able to track where I have been will be a big plus as this field is well over 100 acres . Marking the finds positions will show where I need to consentrat my efforts.
Saving the Geo hunts on my computer in the Minelab software and being able to load a waypoint back on the 3030 for a place to start my next hunt will be aussum.
All I need is good weather.
Share your experiences on learning your machine.
BT
Only 2 or 3 of us "regulars" use the CTX that I remember.
I have never used the GPS , just an expensive add on. One of those things you never had trouble getting along without until you used it and then can't live without it. Like the old fax machines that you got so OTHER people could send you a faxHappy.
Use the bin system in Combined audio and set your iron break at about 28 , then dig everything that's solid and you won't miss much. If you are encountering a lot of iron the 6" coil will be much more useful than the 17.
I hunt modern trash mostly so won't be much help for a relic hunter.
Dusty
Combined is what I'm running .
Iron break is down in that range , so guess I'm going in the general right direction;-)
I'm going to get myself an XMas Birthday gift, both coils.
I'm sure the 17" will fill the bill at the relic site , not any trash and I can deal with the small iron.
The 6" will work in some real trashy spots .
I agree on the GPS but as it's there it's a big help when used in large fields .
BT
Dusty's like a whiz with his, listen to whatever he says Yes I know Ron (RonCA) has one, and he does very well with his, too. Wayne (Michigan Relic Hunter) I believe has tooled around with one also, but he likes trying a lot of different machines, and enjoy's pushing them to their limits, so, not sure what he though of it, but I'm certain he should be able to chime in with some pointers.

Due to the price of the unit, it's a much smaller base of users, but everyone that I know that's hunted with them sung their praises.

Thanks for helping, Dusty.
Thanks for the props Joe but I'm just a modern trashpicker and find it hard to beat the FBS units for that although I have been enjoying good success using the Deus almost exclusively the last month or two. Two gold items with the CTX and five with the Deus all in the dirt. I must admit however , that with the Deus it's more a factor of having to dig targets that I have no idea what they are until the in hand identification method is applied.
Yes I still use the CTX mostly in the water in Wisconsin during the summer. fall i hunt illinois and wisconsin on land. Spring I head to Illinois and Wisconsin on land. In the winter I have 2 weeks I am in England detecting,
I have been using 3030 for mostly 3 years I do try new detectors now and then.
I mostly run this special program so guys made up for hunting in England works great here and over there. great times
Just traded my Whites V3I for a 3030.  Had it about a week, still learning it.  Ran a Safari, and Etrac but there's something about this CTX 3030 that I ABSOLUTELY LOVE!!! I see a lot of CTX users with complaints,  Im still looking, but i haven't found one yet!
Cool keep the tips and points coming on the CTX 3030 - I might be looking to upgrade next year!
(12-15-2016 05:24 PM)Dusty Wrote: [ -> ]Thanks for the props Joe but I'm just a modern trashpicker and find it hard to beat the FBS units for that although I have been enjoying good success using the Deus almost exclusively the last month or two. Two gold items with the CTX and five with the Deus all in the dirt. I must admit however , that with the Deus it's more a factor of having to dig targets that I have no idea what they are until the in hand identification method is applied.

I agree 100%. There's better machines for speed, better machines for separation, better machines for hitting on smaller gold, etc. But none offer the accurate VDI of the Minelabs, IMO. And as I hunt in spots with modern trash like you, the accuracy of the VDI #'s is critical, especially at depth. If I found something that was better, I'd use it in a New York minute, but that hasn't happened yet.
I see there is a Used 3030 for sale in the classifieds I do not see it lasting long at that price I have not seen any this cheap even being used.
As for the use I have found going slow works the best. and for problems they have corrected the leaky battery compartment with the new gasket and battery packs so if you are going to use it in water make sure it has the upgrades
Pages: 1 2
Reference URL's