Treasure Classifieds Forum

Full Version: Here You Go, Shade
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Think you, and others will find this interesting. Amazing, we get so excited over finding an old coin, imagine discovering a city!

http://nypost.com/2016/12/14/mysterious-...in-greece/
Thanks so much for the intriguing story Joe. Articles like this really grab my attention. I wish that I could do my TV programming to deal only with stuff like this and science and astronomy and do away with all the other trash that I'm forced to pay for. The thrill of discovery seems to be a universal drive and I'm sure it underlies our love of detecting.

I never subscribed to all the Ancient Astronaut theories, but I always watched the show to get a glimpse of the ancient cities they often visited, and wished that I could be so fortunate as to set foot within them. Makes me wonder what would have happened if I had thrown my lot into archaeology and had gone to study in Peru or Mexico as I had always dreamed of doing.
(12-14-2016 07:42 PM)shadeseeker Wrote: [ -> ]Thanks so much for the intriguing story Joe. Articles like this really grab my attention. I wish that I could do my TV programming to deal only with stuff like this and science and astronomy and do away with all the other trash that I'm forced to pay for. The thrill of discovery seems to be a universal drive and I'm sure it underlies our love of detecting.

I never subscribed to all the Ancient Astronaut theories, but I always watched the show to get a glimpse of the ancient cities they often visited, and wished that I could be so fortunate as to set foot within them. Makes me wonder what would have happened if I had thrown my lot into archaeology and had gone to study in Peru or Mexico as I had always dreamed of doing.

Who says you can't still be an Archeologist?! The same books that the universities use can easily be bought at any college bookstore. You may not have a fancy piece of paper to hang on the wall after you read them, but you'll be just as knowledgable as anyone else on the subject, minus about $100,000 in student debt Wink

Ever hear of The Nazca Lines? Now there's a subject that gets me going. I too love all this stuff.
Reference URL's