Treasure Classifieds Forum

Full Version: Finds from the Fort
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
My favorite spot is a 1700s Fort site .
The pic shows some of my finds .
Most were with my Safari and a few with the CTX3030.
I could run the Safari wide open on sensativaty in all metal mode on most days.
As the 3030 was a new machine , I had it kinda throttled down , auto sens +3
A Relic mode with some discrimination.
This spring I will have a new 17" coil and more knowledge and will be powering up the 3030 and see what turns up:-)
The GPS will come in very handy as this is a 100+ acre field . I can save hunts and see on the map exactly where I have been and plan the next hunt accordingly.
I'll try and get a pic included.
There's a nice Jews Harp, Copper Point, Metal Babbel, copper - brass pieces maybe handles, lead balls of three different sizes, interesting as some of the lead I find has been worked and flattened and folded, one has a hole like maybe it was a pendent.
Lots of copper pieces from plates , cups maybe bowls just guessing.
A few iron nails .
I have a lot more ground to cover in the future although it maybe two years down the road as next year it will be corn and it's difficult to search in corn stubble :-(
Nices relics Dan. Love the Jews harp.
Gerry
Beautiful pieces of history, B.T. Yes Love those musket balls! Glad the Safari did well for you, and I'm sure you'll be going back with the CTX to see if it missed anything. I've never hunted an old fort site.

I always ran with the Safari like you did, in all metal. The depth is insane. I love when I get those deep "thunk" signals, which indicates that a deep target is in the ground Happy

Joe
Nice digs there BT Yes
I enjoyed seeing these neat items Ben and hope you have more success there when the season returns. Fascinated by the copper arrow point. I'm going to do some reading on that when I sign off here. Nice post.
I'm not much of a Relic person I love the coins but when items pop up like those it does make you look back and wonder what the situation was when it ended up in the ground. Arrow heads and Slugs really get my imagination going! Nice finds.
Cool finds Ben the on musket ball looks like it was never fired still has the extra slag from being molded. The jews harp is great must be a brass one. The trade arrow is nice. and I see 2 pieces to dragon side plate off a musket. also you got a tinkler is that silver also the piece below that looks like part of something silver. What is the round shiny thing above tinkler is that a bird band. Thanks for sharing bring back many memories
You are so lucky to have something like that near you ! Thanks for sharing the great finds. It really gets my imagination going seeing stuff that old especially from an old fort.
   I hope to see many more finds from there posted here.
HH
Pat
Congratulations on the nice finds. Sounds like a sweet spot. Hope you pull alot more good stuff from the area.
Great spot! You are probably just scratching the surface with some of those finds. Good luck on your next outing!

Ed
Reference URL's