Treasure Classifieds Forum

Full Version: Be Thankful
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Way off subject here, but just want everyone to enjoy the upcoming holidays, and more importantly, to be thankful for what you have.

I saw something yesterday morning that shook me to the core, and I'm still thinking about it today.

Was driving to work yesterday, and traffic was completely snarled. What's normally a 20 minute or so commute took almost an hour and a half. The backup was due to a pretty horrific car accident. When I passed the scene, both vehicles looked like sardine cans that were ripped to shreds. I later found out a woman died in the accident.

Life is both fickle and short. And we never know when our number is up. So...

Appreciate all that you have, and take nothing for granted Yes
Sobering message Joe. In the midst of all the gaiety and high spirits at Christmas it is wise to settle down and reflect on the truly important parts of our lives.
Yeah, that is sad and you are correct - life is short and we tend to take things for granted. Folks do not pay attention nor do they let you go first - they want to be first, I let them go by and have even pulled over to let someone race by me.

I am thankful for what and where I am in life.
(12-16-2016 08:02 PM)shadeseeker Wrote: [ -> ]Sobering message Joe. In the midst of all the gaiety and high spirits at Christmas it is wise to settle down and reflect on the truly important parts of our lives.

Amen!

(12-17-2016 12:46 PM)Bigtony Wrote: [ -> ]Yeah, that is sad and you are correct - life is short and we tend to take things for granted. Folks do not pay attention nor do they let you go first - they want to be first, I let them go by and have even pulled over to let someone race by me.

I am thankful for what and where I am in life.

I'm as guilty as the next guy of sometimes taking things for granted, or for not placing a high priorities on the right things, but every time I see something like that accident the other day, it has a way of staying in my mind. And it usually makes me re-think about a lot of my priorities.

It's easy to get all caught up in making a nice find with our detectors, or going crazy with the holidays or whatever, but in the grand scheme of things, they all matter very little. I'm sure the woman in that car didn't know she'd be dead within a few hours, when she awoke that morning.

Enjoy it while you're here Happy
Reference URL's