Treasure Classifieds Forum

Full Version: New Racer shaft
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Ok first try at a new racer shaft messing around with pvc I don't like the speaker behind me so I moved the battery/speaker compartment under the handle.
[attachment=9146]
its a tad heavy but center is dead on balance wise. Winter has done this I turned my living room into a pvc fun house.
Excellent mod Yes PVC is kinda like duct tape, it has about a million and one uses. What do you like about the Racer the most? It's top attribute, in your opinion? Speed, tones, VDI?
(12-18-2016 12:16 AM)NjNyDigger Wrote: [ -> ]Excellent mod Yes PVC is kinda like duct tape, it has about a million and one uses. What do you like about the Racer the most? It's top attribute, in your opinion? Speed, tones, VDI?

I like that the gold tones are higher up in the vdi list and I also like 3 tone in very trashy area's the Hightone lets me know its a goodie most of the time. I want to try a full hunt with just All Metal since it go's pretty deep. The problems with the machine is they put the speaker on the bottom and in the back by your elbow very tough to hear. I really just want a general detector that Gets 8 inches in all settings and the Makro does that and more. Next summer I think i'm getting the Makro 2 from rt6detectors it has a deep mode i'm interested in. The most enjoyable detector so far was the Whites Treasure Pro it had good depth but was just an all around pleasant machine to run but it was tough to get good coils for perhaps now that its been out alittle longer that won't be such an issue.
(12-18-2016 12:26 AM)Cladjunky Wrote: [ -> ]
(12-18-2016 12:16 AM)NjNyDigger Wrote: [ -> ]Excellent mod Yes PVC is kinda like duct tape, it has about a million and one uses. What do you like about the Racer the most? It's top attribute, in your opinion? Speed, tones, VDI?

I like that the gold tones are higher up in the vdi list and I also like 3 tone in very trashy area's the Hightone lets me know its a goodie most of the time. I want to try a full hunt with just All Metal since it go's pretty deep. The problems with the machine is they put the speaker on the bottom and in the back by your elbow very tough to hear. I really just want a general detector that Gets 8 inches in all settings and the Makro does that and more. Next summer I think i'm getting the Makro 2 from rt6detectors it has a deep mode i'm interested in. The most enjoyable detector so far was the Whites Treasure Pro it had good depth but was just an all around pleasant machine to run but it was tough to get good coils for perhaps now that its been out alittle longer that won't be such an issue.

When you say "tough to hear", do you mean through the headphones, or sans headphones? I would think if you had phones plugged in, it wouldn't matter where the speaker was, but maybe like a lot of guys I know, you prefer not to wear headphones, as you like to hear your surroundings when you're out and about.

I'm surprised it was difficult to get coils for the T.P., as I know Whites normally has a large selection to choose from.
No headphones I had ear issues as a kid and covering my ears causes great discomfort most likely its just in my head but I have tried alot of different headphones wireless and giant and small just can't do it. So speaker location is pretty important for me.
Good job on creating the shaft. After you have a finalized design, you could take it to another level. You can buy carbon fiber tubing and connectors reasonable priced by buying overseas. You can even make the tees like that on the pvc. It would be lighter and stronger. Not sure those are needed, the pvc should hold up fine. Good job and would like to see them painted or hyro printed. Happy
(12-18-2016 06:37 AM)Cladjunky Wrote: [ -> ]No headphones I had ear issues as a kid and covering my ears causes great discomfort most likely its just in my head but I have tried alot of different headphones wireless and giant and small just can't do it. So speaker location is pretty important for me.

Have you tried earbuds, versus earphones? They go IN your ear, not over them. They have a zillion different styles, levels of quality & prices. Might be a better option for you if you don't like having your ears covered.
Nice mod John! Hope it works out for you.

Ed
Nothing with the ears and that was just the first version I'm changing it now Happy taking the red bottom area completely off removed the speaker and controls and battery box going to add a custom box to house those that hangs off the control box with speaker facing me while i'm using it. lets face it i have another month or 2 to play around with it so may as well go for broke!
Reference URL's