Treasure Classifieds Forum

Full Version: Minelab Bootcamp
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3
"Bootcamp"
I guess it's like having a experienced friend that has had a 3030 since they came out and is willing to spend the day going over all the little ins and outs and nuances that took a lot of time to master.
You have to admit if one setting is off or switched the wrong way you lose what ever your after and don't even know it.
I would hope to learn some of the little things in a day that it took an experienced 3030 detectorest a lot of time to master. Even if it's only one or two new things and a whole lot of confidence with the machine.
Being a complete newbie to Minelab and not having someone to walk me through operations , hands on, the Bootcamp sounds like money well spent. Hands on experience To me is way better than reading and watching videos
Maybe make a new friend or two and learn something.
I've spent more money and received less
Everyone has there own opinion, your experienced and against it , and I'm a newbie and all for it.
I think we have expressed our opinions well ?
Happy Holidays All
BT
IF they have another CTX camp and you attend , I'll be looking forward to your review.
IF you can find someone without a dog in the hunt who has attended one , and a review to make , encourage them to join the forum here and give us some info on what they learned.
Inquiring minds want to knowYes
Finally made the Bootcamp in Portage Indiana .
There were 18 people at the session for Minelab FBS machines.
It started at 8 am and we got back from the park hunt about 5 or so.
Very good mix of people with a wide range of experience with either the CTX or the ETrack.
I believe the guy from Texas was the farthest and most were from the tri state area.
It was a day of going over every setting on the machines and discussing there function and useability.
Any and all questions pertaining to there operation were discussed
While there were no Big Aha moments it was fun and infomitive .
Andy did share some of his hunting programs and settings if you wanted them, I believe there were 10 available.
Of coarse there was a lunch provided and beverages all day.
The park hunt was great, there were coins, tokens and caches buried, also a test garden to play in.
It was nice to have an expert to call over while hunting , to talk about whatever the problem may have been.
One guy found an early Indian Head Penny , so there's still good stuff at this park.
They had some items for sale and I just had to get 2 Anderson Shafts .
They allow the cable to run through with out binding and possibly causing problems where it exits the coil.
I did not attend the Deus session on Saturday, my friend Dave went and was pleased with all the information that was presented on that machine.
He does not have a Deus and had very little knowledge going in , but has a good understanding of the machine after.
All and all I enjoyed the Bootcamp, I had some experience going in but learned some things too.
I would recommend it for anyone wanting to expand there knowledge and I think it would be a "Must Do " for a newbie with little knowledge and
experience with a Minelab FBS machine.
Its good that you made it over there I even had a friend named Jeff from greenbay Wisconsin went there he had fun and learned a lot even had the load all 10 programs
I doubt I would ever attend such a event. Don't have time, much less pay for such a event. Anyway, I'm sure its helpful to someone. Think
Updownup
As I'm retired, my time is just divided up between hobbies , eating and sleeping ?
I traveled with a friend that came up from MO to attend both Bootcamps, I wasn't interested in the Deus and my brother lives about 20 miles so I visited with him and his family on Saturday and Bootcamp Sunday.
I wouldn't have traveled much further , but a two hour drive was ok, even if it was in the suburbs of Gary IN ;-)
BT
(07-03-2017 05:14 PM)Ben Town Wrote: [ -> ]Updownup
As I'm retired, my time is just divided up between hobbies , eating and sleeping ?
I traveled with a friend that came up from MO to attend both Bootcamps, I wasn't interested in the Deus and my brother lives about 20 miles so I visited with him and his family on Saturday and Bootcamp Sunday.
I wouldn't have traveled much further , but a two hour drive was ok, even if it was in the suburbs of Gary IN ;-)
BT

So from a VALUE stand point , considering the cost of travel and logging to attend one of these sessions , how would you rate it ,,,, a "2".
Andy doesn't moderate here so you can offer an honest opinion without it being deleted by him as he does with other criticisms of his shilling on other forums.
If you notice he is always there to help and offer advice when there's a buck to be made but silent otherwise because of his "busy" schedule.
As far as VALUE let me break it down for you
My half of fuel $12
My half of a room for 2 nights $109 ( two king beds and breakfast with a craft beer bar next door)
Saturday spent with my brother and his family $ priceless
So as far as money spent to go for a weekend away , very cheap.
I got to visit and talk with Andy and he seems like a dedecated guy, of coarse he's making money, but not getting rich by any means.
It's a job and labor of love.
I've corresponded with him a couple times and got a response, no problem there.
It's pretty obvious you have a problem with him and the way he operates, and that's ok, everyone has an opinion.
Personally, I had a great weekend outing with friends and even learned a little something so I would HIGHLY RECOMMEND it to anybody that's new in
FBS technology or just wants a weekend away
BT

Like I said ,
So the "bootcamp" is free?
When they started the price was $125.
I can't see the value of paying someone that much to explain the manual to me ,,,,,, without the hassle of traveling. JMHO
I figured you knew the price of the Bootcamp!

Looking forward to some good metal detecting stories.
It's just been hot and dry here and the crops are too high, may have to wait for rain or fall;-)
Happy Forth of July
BT
Pages: 1 2 3
Reference URL's