Treasure Classifieds Forum

Full Version: Tuesdays 6 hour hunt
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Got out to a few spots with james, was on the colder side but I was bundled up nicely.
His finds consisted of buttons, a copper and a gold ring with red stones with a hallmark from england from the early 1800s. Super beautiful find.
I got a handmade coat button, a holed unknown copper and a crude unknown copper and a small buckle.

I Will share Wednesdays 5 hour hunt at a new permission tomorrow. And Thursdays return hour and a half trip Tuesday.
I'm gonna try and get out and detect as much as possible unless the ground is frozen.

Enjoy and happy hunting and merry Christmas
A gold ring from the early 1800's?! Wow, I just posted a story about a similar find yesterday...can't wait to see James' stuff! Looks like you got some excellent keepers too, nice relics...love the button! Glad you're still getting out Zach, I thought Gerry and I were the only diehards who like to hunt in December. We take all the goodies while the other guys are in hibernation Chuckle

Merry Christmas Beer
Thanks joe! I'll get a pic up of his ring sometime soon. But yeah, I'm still getting out as often as I possibly can. I'd like to be out right now but I'm stuck here, at cassandras without a vehicle. I was tempted to walk a few miles to the closest spot that's available. But I decided to eat leftovers and watch TV instead. The joy.......
As for the button, it's one of my favorites. I love handmade relics. The poor fella had to replace a dandy or something and had to salvage what he had to make one because he couldn't afford to buy a new coat or whatever it was on.
Just like my large cent, it was centered to what looked to be used as a washer. All neat stuff.
Cool stuff again Zach, you really have good sites down there - good luck with the remaining days in 2016
Really like that handmade button! Can't wait to see the ring! Out here today. It went up to 68F!!!!!! Some change and a bicentennial Kennedy half. Same here, will go as long as the weather holds!

Ed
CLAD! look at that 88 shine! Happy
Love those holed coins!
Gerry
Nice button! Wondering about the story behind it too. Congratulations.
Hi Zach. Glad you are still able to hunt. Good finds coming in for you still. The old handmade is very interesting and a nice bit of history. Several hunters are getting extra chances as the harsh freeze seems to be holding off awhile. We may get lucky as several long term forecasts seem to be pointing to a milder winter in mid-atlantic.
Reference URL's