Treasure Classifieds Forum

Full Version: "Silver" war nickels
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Do you guys count war nickels in your silver coin count for the year? I found two today and was wondering.
Gerry
They have silver in them, so, as you already know, I certainly do. Yes, lower silver content, but hey, silver's still silver Yes

You're home already? I thought you would've staked a tent and camped out at the spot Chuckle
Yep! 2 war nickels in a hunt is a great catch! Glad you could get out! Congrats!

Ed
Nice going Gerry. Two in one hunt is quite a feat. And I would surely count them with the silver.
Congratulations Gerry, WTG. Yeah they count for this site per Joe.
You are doing well with your new machine, cool hunt to find two in one day.
Yes , war Nickles count as silver. I am jealous that you could get out , the ground around me is like concrete , even in the woods.
   I hope you get lots more finds.
Pat
Thanks fellas. I'll post them today along with a key date Merc I found yesterday.
Gerry
(12-23-2016 09:24 PM)Bigtony Wrote: [ -> ]Congratulations Gerry, WTG. Yeah they count for this site per Joe.
You are doing well with your new machine, cool hunt to find two in one day.

You’re a little off base. I never said this: "Yeah they count for this site per Joe."

What I said was this: "They have silver in them, so, as you already know, I certainly do. Yes, lower silver content, but hey, silver's still silver."

I don’t want people to think the site, or ME, makes the call on what is or isn’t considered a silver find.

There are many who don’t include nickels in their silver totals, I do. As in, me personally. There are also many who include silver jewelry in their silver totals, I do not. It all comes down to personal preference, nothing more.
Reference URL's