Treasure Classifieds Forum

Full Version: Wednesdays 5 hour new permission
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Got a new permission and took james along. Didn't have much hope as it is just a random field with no significance. Some colonials nearby and late 1800 houses but nothing standing out. But, you never know!
He snagged 2 coppers, some buttons and a 1943 quarter.

I was able to get a copper wedding band with the gold plated still on the inside but no makers mark. My guess is 19th century, more on the mid to earlier side. As most of the Rings had some sort of Mark right after the 19th century.
This was my first complete, non bent ring.
Also found was a kg2, 1864 non fatty...and my 3rd 1864. Fatty Indian is still on the list! A smith and hyslop cuff button which I couldn't find anything on. A nice sized, hand made and snipped musketball. A messed up smaller tombac and a furniture piece.
My favorite is the ring.
Enjoy and HH
Zach, you're killing me, but I love it! Too busy to detect here, but I should be getting out soon, so I'm living vicariously through you now Yes I'm lucky if I find a KG or two per year, you guys SLAY them down there. Congrats on a bunch of keepers. The ring sure looks old to me, and I'd be happy with just that. I bow my head to you Southern NJ hunters, well done and bravo, sir!
Why does that musket ball look HUGE? Is it just the angle of it in the photo?
Nice finds Zach. Check the '64 indian head to see if there's an "L" on the ribbon. Might be worth a little money.
Gerry
Way to go Zach! It's nice to see some fun old finds . Our snow is finally gone , but it has rained hard all day , I am not as water resistant as the AT Pro. I guess I am just a wimp.
   It is supposed to go back down into the mid 30's tommarow , but that detecting bug is biting awfully hard....
   Thanks for sharing more of your great finds. 
HH
Pat
Thanks everyone!
Gerry, I'll have to check, thanks!
Joe, it looks a little bigger in the pic but it is a larger one. And in proximity of my rev field. So it's possible it's a American ball from the Rev war. 29g 450 grains
Thanks pat!
I'm itching to go out thanks Zach for keeping me busy with pics nice finds Happy
WTG, congratulations on those cool finds! You have the right spot keep it up!
And the hits just keep on a coming!! Great finds all! Yes

Ed
Congratulation on the ring, Kg2, musket ball and the other old items. Hope you continue finding the nice finds. GL.
Reference URL's