Treasure Classifieds Forum

Full Version: Question
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
Hey guys I think Im thinking about this right but I need some input.  Am I having trouble trading my CTX 3030 for a Deus because they are at opposite ends of the detecting spectrum.  By opposite ends I'm saying I figure most people that hunt the iron swing the Deus and they are not interested in the CTX?  Do you guys think I would fair better by selling the CTX outright and just picking up a new Deus?  Thanks guys for any guidance in advance !  Yes
I hunt iron successfully with the CTX and wouldn't even consider it with the Deus. The ground is too hot for the Deus and the coils are too big but the CTX with the 6" coil and a slow sweep does better than any other machine in that ground which often runs at a recommended sensitivity of 3 in auto+3 Happy

I see two ads for trading a CTX for the Deus in the classifieds and both are worded as if it was an even trade. Deus is a $400 less machine and someone with a Deus may not want to cough up the cash to get the CTX. Also , both are looking for same condition machines with warranty,,,pretty specific conditions to find a trade in a small market.

Sell the CTX outright for $1500 and pick up a like new Deus for a $1000,,,, that's about what the market values are if you really want to move them. Trying to get much more and you're just pushing on a ropeWink
thanks for the reply Dusty!! I think thats just what I might do.
How about you send me your CTX and I'll call XP and have them send you a new Deus?Happy Then I can sell your CTX for $300 more than what I paid for the Deus and have enough cash left over to buy your 17" coilHappy
You got a deal if you get them to send me the 9 and 11" coil. Let me know when to ship it to ya
I agree I think sell it out right and then you can purchase a used deus.
I cannot see why you're having trouble trading the CTX for a Deus, since, as others have said, the CTX is a more expensive machine. Maybe potential traders feel guilty? Chuckle

I know nothing about the operation of a CTX, but I do know that I would never consider trading one for a Deus without some added cash as a kicker.
I agree Joe. I took the CTX out today at a local elementary school for about 2 hours. Pulled 5 wheats and a 42 merc. I love the CTX on open sites i.e. Schools, parks, sports fields but it's when I go into the woods or iron infested old home sites I can't help but feel I'm at a handicap. I was just looking for an all around type machine that's good for all applications. Maybe im way out in left field on my thinking. It's kinda like looking at a Ferrari sitting in someone's driveway and then passing a 35mph speed limit sign? lol I'll figure it out I guess. I mean you see guys at old home sites and what are they swinging? At pro, DEUS, f75? Who knows maybe I should just hang on to the Minelab. Thanks guys for the replies. Honest opinions are hard to find these days.
(12-27-2016 08:40 PM)Firedigger109 Wrote: [ -> ]I agree Joe. I took the CTX out today at a local elementary school for about 2 hours. Pulled 5 wheats and a 42 merc. I love the CTX on open sites i.e. Schools, parks, sports fields but it's when I go into the woods or iron infested old home sites I can't help but feel I'm at a handicap. I was just looking for an all around type machine that's good for all applications. Maybe im way out in left field on my thinking. It's kinda like looking at a Ferrari sitting in someone's driveway and then passing a 35mph speed limit sign? lol I'll figure it out I guess. I mean you see guys at old home sites and what are they swinging? At pro, DEUS, f75? Who knows maybe I should just hang on to the Minelab. Thanks guys for the replies. Honest opinions are hard to find these days.

The Deus is a damn good machine, but it's core strength is mainly as a trash hunting unit. Not saying it doesn't get decent depth, it does, although not what a CTX would, so you need to assess what your primary needs are.

The CTX is also very good in iron, but it's not going to be as able a separator as a Deus, IMO. If it were me, I'd rather keep the depth unit that also does well in trash (CTX), because you'd have the best of both worlds. Versus keeping the Deus and being able to hunt in heavy iron very well, but you'll have problems in mineralized soil, as well as hitting on those super deep signals.

Again though, it all depends on what you hunt the most of. If it's heavy iron/trash spots, a Deus would be a better fit, but it doesn't sound like that's where you're mainly hunting based on your posts.
The 6" coil and the 35 Combined tone setting is very powerful in iron sites.
There is a reason Keith Southern feels the CTX is the most versatile detector.
If you have Andy's book study the stuff on page 133 but learn to hunt with an open screen or the factory relic pattern,,,don't black out Co 49 or 50.
Pages: 1 2
Reference URL's