Treasure Classifieds Forum

Full Version: a New old F75
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
I was given a Fisher F75 with the 11 inch stock coil and 15 inch coil for x-mas and I can't even take it out till probably late Feb early March its new and pretty I have watched a few video's and it shows some deep but chattery finds Anyone else use the standard F75 ? I am reading everything possible on it now forums and youtube. So far i have read that 8-10 inches on a Dime is possible and a quarter easy. Any input to help me swing it with confidence would help Happy
I'm not exactly sure, as I've not owned one. But that is one detector I'd like to add to my arsenal. That, a t2seltd, makro racer 2 and a deus. Mostly a deus for for now, it'll be my next detector.
But I love my at pro, it's done me well.
It's a killer machine but very powerful even in the un-boosted mode. I seldom use mine anymore but it always surprises me when I take it out. The best advice with it is to turn the sensitivity down,,like to 40% until you get used to it and learn the frequency changing procedure. I believe all the new ones have the DST feature but I could be wrong. It's a little tough in modern clad as it loves bottle caps and a 10" elliptical concentric coil really helps plus it's a demon in totlots with that coil,,you can get right next to structures with moderate sensitivity and you won't miss the small stuff.

All you will ever need to know can be found at Tom's site if you can absorb it all
http://www.dankowskidetectors.com/discus...402,page=1
You'll never hear anyone complain about any of the F75's lacking for depth, me included. And I swung one for a while. What you will hear many harp on, and both are justifiable points is...

The units do suffer from a lot of chatter, and are quite susceptible to EMI. I know many guys who cannot use them except in very rural settings, for example. Due to their power, even on lower sensitivity settings, some chatter is the norm. I know the newest units have some type of upgrade, and the EMI is less of a factor, but I'm speaking of the older ones. That was a deal breaker for me when I used one, but the more substantial issue was...

Beyond a few inches, the VDI information is essentially useless. And I'm speaking as a COIN HUNTER, not a relic guy, etc. The numbers on the F75's jump around a lot. Even on shallow items, so you can imagine how erratic they are on deeper items. If one is a relic hunter and digs mostly all signals, it doesn't matter much, as it's only the depth that matters, but as a coin hunter, I need stable. I was routinely digging 8" & 9"+ signals which sounded good, and sometimes gave off a decent VDI reading, but many times those signals turned out to be BB's, rivets, small pieces of aluminum and stuff of that nature.

Don't worry about depth, you'll have more than you can handle. Just be prepared for a lot of guessing games when it comes to figuring out what a target is before you dig.
Well it sounds like an adventure in the making Happy Every new detector I get I tend to dig everything anyway thanks for all the great info to start and i'll check out the links given! The 2 coils with it is the stock 11 inch and a huge white 15 inch I was thinking of getting a Cors Shrew 3.5x6.5 coil or even a cors 5 inch maybe that will cut down on the emi. I like the looks of the Shrew over a boreing round coil Happy
Congrats and best of luck with the new machine! Sounds like that shrew coil may make a difference.

Ed
Congratulation on the new toy. Good luck with it. I have no experience with that model. But my CZ is awesome! Super deep with 8" coil.
Thanks I was going to buy a new maching this summer but a Gifted one is a good start I may end up just likeing this enough to roll with it this summer.
I have enjoyed watching you assemble your treasure hunting arsenal Clad, and you have a very impressive assortment of detectors now. Looking forward to seeing great finds posted in the new year. Congrats on the latest, the F75--very nice !
If you haven't thrown away the wrapping paper yet, how about checking the to and from label. Old Santa hinted a new detector might be coming my way and since I haven't seen one yet, I thought you might have gotten mine by mistake. He messed up big time too on the Lexus "wish big for Christmas event".  Can't trust anyone these days.
Wow I thought the Lexus parked on the street out front was a neighbors! WOOHOO you go santa baby! Nice part about the newer F75's they come with the DST upgrade to lower EMI chirping alot! Yes I have burnt my eyes out watching youtube and reading all kinds of forums by the time I can use this puppy I will be a pro Happy First thing is to try it in my Trashy 8 inch test bed with the 67 halfdollar,quarter,dime,wheat,nickle if it picks them all up at 8 inches in that trashy iron rich ground its a keeper!
Reference URL's