Treasure Classifieds Forum

Full Version: Not much to show for it , but I got out today
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
I cannot compare to the great finds being posted lately , but I just had to brag 
I got out on December 28. It wasn't too long ago we had 8 inches of snow on 
the ground and below zero air temperatures.
   On Monday it hit 61 degrees ( with over an inch of rain) and the highs have
been above freezing so I decided to give it a try.
   I only found 53 cents in clad , some can slaw , a stant radiator cap and a 28
wheatie . The thing is I got a dirt fishing fix on December 28.Happy
   I hope to see people posting great finds , because I am sure our temperatures
will take a dive and my only fix will be to live through your posts.
Pat
Pat,

Been out the last three days without much to post but it was great to get the hell out of the house. I hit a couple of new areas as a test so I could cross them off the list. Weather here is a tad better than up there and the ground is not frozen. Muddy in the grass, yes, frozen, no. And under the leaves in the woods it almost never freezes until the bacteria in the peat say enough is enough and stop eating and go dormant. We had about a half inch of rain Monday overnight and the ground up in the pine forests is dry as a bone under the leaves. Looks like we're going to have a pretty mild Winter so I'm going to be out as much as I can but hitting the Cleveland Municipal Parks on the near West side. I'm prepared to do that now as I'm off for the Winter and can get an early start without having to worry about work.

Ed.
Anytime we can get out in late December is a gift. At least we can scratch the itch.
Gerry
Yeah, I am glad you got out and brought home some loot! Wheaties are a fun find.
I have been out last few days too but nothing to post, just the usual.
It was very windy today and digging was good, it was around 42 degrees.
This year is not over yet - if you can then as they say - "just do it".
Where's the pictures? Haha. Glad you got out and at least you found some coins.
Hi Pat, Nice to see that you were able to hunt. After your early snow pic and some weather reports I've seen for your area, I thought you would be locked in for the duration. Hope it lasts for a bit longer. It's very mild here and ideal for MDing, but I just can't find the opportunity to get outside. Hoping for a shot in a couple of days.
I'd say you did damn good being you recently had 8" of snowfall on the ground. If you happen to live in a cold weather state, and can get out this time of the year, it's a win no matter what you find. Hopefully that crap is melting fast, and you can get back out soon Yes
(12-29-2016 11:04 AM)updownup Wrote: [ -> ]Where's the pictures? Haha.  Glad you got out and at least you found some coins.
I don't normally post pictures of clad (sorry Cladjunky) , but here is my wheatie. 
We are getting an inch or so of snow as I write this , but it will warm up next week when I go back to work ( almost 50 on Monday) maybe I will try and start 2017 earlier than I planned.
   I hope you get out and make more great finds soon.
Pat
Clad keeps me swinging and helps me find the hunted out area's in a few years perhaps i'll stop posting the clad but I am always excited to find it. Thanks since I won't be digging for a month or so Your post was very warming Happy
Nice Wheatie! Glad you were able to get out. Weathers been back and forth! Hope you can get out again soon!
Reference URL's