Treasure Classifieds Forum

Full Version: Women Treasure Hunters
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Hello! This fall I was out with a friend and tried his detector and really enjoyed it. I am looking to purchase my first detector and I am leaning toward the Garrett 350. If anyone has other suggestions please let me know. 
Anyway, I was hoping to hear from women treasure hunt.
Welcome Cajamk. I am happy that you are ready to get into this hobby and I am also happy that you have signed on with us. I am an old time hunter getting restarted in the hobby and so I am not the best to advise on what machine to get, but there are many members here who use a variety of detectors and know them all quite well. If you could tell us what type detecting (beach, parks, coins, old sites etc) you would like to do, someone here will be happy to help you zero in on a good purchase. Best advice I can give is to get the highest quality detector your budget will allow. It is very easy to get discouraged early with an under-performing unit.
Thanks for the reply! I am mainly going in local fields for relics & coins. I live near the Chesapeake so some beach hunting would be nice too!
Welcome Cajamk. 
   I do not live near any salt water so I am not the right one to comment on beach hunting with a Garrett 350 , but I have detected with people who use it on land and I can say it is a great starter machine for dirt fishing.
   From what I have read the salt water messes with a lot of machines , but I will let more knowledgable people than I help you with that.
Pat
(12-31-2016 09:17 AM)cajamk Wrote: [ -> ]Hello! This fall I was out with a friend and tried his detector and really enjoyed it. I am looking to purchase my first detector and I am leaning toward the Garrett 350. If anyone has other suggestions please let me know. 
Anyway, I was hoping to hear from women treasure hunt.

Bypass the 350 and go straight to the Ace400 it has Iron audible which you can use to weed out the bottle tops and cans before digging if its a scratchy sound when doing a normal pass its not anything good. Ace400 is also a 10 khz machine will help alittle with gold and such. My deepest find with it was roughly 12 inches on a .44 bullet with the stock 8x11 coil. And Welcome to the Forums Happy I put alot of hours on the Ace400 and Just did some trading with rt6detectors a sponsor here for a new one for my Pops.
Reference URL's