Treasure Classifieds Forum

Full Version: Shipwreck story
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
http://news.nationalgeographic.com/2016/...dia-route/

Read this last night, I enjoyed it. I hope you do too!
The stuff dreams are made of Happy That was a great read, Zach, thanks for sharing. Shade was kind enough to send me a book not too long ago, and it details many of these types of stories. Aside from how we would typically define treasure, there are also hundreds and hundreds of sites throughout the world that feature objects of unknown origin. Most of them appear to be naturally occurring (made by nature), but some are indeed still a mystery, and even have archies & scientists stumped. Treasure hunting for the big boys!
That is a great story , thanks for sharing it.
   I don't know why but when I see a great coin like the one pictured I always want to hold it in my hand. Maybe I just want to touch a piece of history.( I can fight it though , I have never been asked to leave a museum :tongueHappy
Pat
That was an interesting Nat Geo story. I love anything archaeology related and underwater stuff is of particular interest to me. There are all kinds of historic and monetary treasures yet to be found. It is interesting that some of our recent posts have dealt  with technology applications in treasure hunting. I know that archaeologists make full use of technology in underwater searches--sonar, ground penetrating radar, metal detectors, and the underwater equivalent of Gitterbug's drones! Much more sophisticated and efficient than in earlier explorations.
Reference URL's