Treasure Classifieds Forum

Full Version: I found a King george the....
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
VI! At my local coinstar. 1941 fellas! It's not silver, but it will do for now.
I'm looking to beat James's buddy grant's find of...dundundunnn! 49 silver dimes at a coinstar in North Jersey all at once. Consisting of mercs and Rosie's with no key dates. But still a awesome cache spill for sure.
I'll beat his record in approximately 5 years and one at a timeYesYes
You talking about some luck. That was a sweet find for James!
That's a nice little find at the coin machine. I'm still checking the one near me, but nothing good yet. Please tell me how so many silvers were at the coinstar for Grant to find. I'm a bit confused. Were they kicked out in the return, or did someone leave them there while sorting out other coins? That's an incredible bit of good luck.
James found those mercs & rosies in a Coinstar?! Holy mackerel. I've checked the various coin machines over the years, but don't believe I've ever found a silver coin...or even an oldie for that matter. I have gotten quite a few back in my change from cashiers over the years, though. I cannot imagine an old timer putting those mercs & rosies through a coin machine. Had to be someone younger in my opinion that needed cash badly, and didn't appreciate or know exactly what they had on their hands.
In the return. Our guess is, he obviously came in right after whoever dumped a bunch of old coins. Either someone younger who found some jars full of coins at grandma or grandpa's house or someone older who dumped a bunch of coins.
I once saw a older couple late 70s with a shopping cart of jars bags and what not dumping into a coinstar. I wanted to stay but I couldn't and even if I did, I'd have to tell them about the rejections if I found any. But yeah. Rare for one not to know or care to check and rare for all those dimes.....
Holy Mackerel!!!! Tell James that's a once in a lifetime and congrats on having a good eye for Coinstar machines!

Ed
Oh wow that is one hell of a haul, congratulaions to you both! You just never know do you?
Reference URL's