Treasure Classifieds Forum

Full Version: Built a metal detector depth test box
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
Built this for a friend. Just finished it tonight. 6 more projects on the go!
That's a cool set-up, R.M. What's the maximum target depth, 12"? What machine/s will he be using to test on the coins? Let us know the results of the depth tests.
The pics of the finished product aren't showing up, but the thumbnails are there. Any idea why, Joe?

I'll just add them like this

Or not lol
Cool stuff, nicely done.
I can see the other pictures when I tap it. Doesn't show like the others, instantly. But it's still viewable.
[Image: 14836717548130_zpsnwjmw97s.jpg]

[Image: 14836718027871_zpsueohclxq.jpg]
What machine/s will he be doing the depth tests with, R.M.?
So far, he owns a CTX, Deus and the Signum. We don't hear much about the signum around here, but apparently it's the cats ass in the UK. He will probably also use my Etrac with different coils too. He will upload all of those videos to his youtube channel. (Diggs4ever)
(01-06-2017 05:31 AM)RelicMedic Wrote: [ -> ]So far, he owns a CTX, Deus and the Signum. We don't hear much about the signum around here, but apparently it's the cats ass in the UK. He will probably also use my Etrac with different coils too. He will upload all of those videos to his youtube channel. (Diggs4ever)

Or as they're fond of saying on Tom's forum; "It's the cat's meow" Chuckle

I heard the Signum is a badass. That's the thing about many of the quicker machines, the guys overseas love them, because they have to deal with a lot of iron. And for applications like that, the F75's, Deus', AT's, etc. are better suited for them. Doesn't matter how deep a machine can go if there's nails 2" in the ground with goodies underneath them. Then I'd want fast with a small coil, so the signal can weave between the trash like a laser and pick up on the treasure.

I'll check out his channel Yes
You hit the square nail right on the head Joe! The signum is a super deep machine, but it's also very fast. Every site we hunt is like a blanket of nails, so he plans on testing it with clean soil to maximize depth, then again with several iron targets buried above and beside the tube. I'm interested in seeing what the signum can do against the Deus. Should be a good match up!
That's a nice set-up Medic and you did a real pro job on it. I too want to see the results.  How did you determine how far apart to space the tubes, and are you worried that one target will interfere  with another?  I would like to try something similar because of difficulty ground balancing here and iron contamination from where my home was bulldozed. Thanks for a good idea. I sure would like to spend a little time in your shop!
Pages: 1 2
Reference URL's