Treasure Classifieds Forum

Full Version: Minelab e-trac menu and user settings
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
I watched this last night when you posted it. Although I don't have a e-trac it was pretty cool. As alls I know is the simple at pro....
I was pretty confused but it was all neat non the less. I'm sure people will find the video very useful!
P.s the box video was awesome. You did alot to that box! And 8k views? Damn lol. Mr popular
It would be very easy to get confused with the etrac menu if you have never used an fbs minelab before. I let my buddy play with my account, and by inputting various tags, the videos reached an audience that I hadn't tapped into. Most of the views came from the UK. Pretty cool to see those numbers, but they don't mean much unless people subscribe, unfortunately.
Great video, R.M. Yes I bookmarked it. I'll be solely swinging the Etrac come Spring, and the tips will help a lot. The settings are surely more numerous versus my old Safari, but as long as I can recognize the tones, I should be okay. Don't think I'll be running the Etrac in all metal though, like the Safari. I heard the Etracs like a little bit of discrimination, and run better that way. But we shall see.

Youtube is a saturated platform. Especially in regards to metal detecting videos. If you can get 8,000 views, you're doing something right. Your content is excellent, and yes, tags are super important, so it looks like you have the recipe for success Wink
Thanks Joe. Yes, the menu is a little extensive, and I actually could have spent more time on it, but wanted to keep the video under 10 minutes. All metal on the etrac works really well when you use it with two tone ferrous. It's either an iron grunt, or a clean tone, but you have to look at the screen to determine if you are digging foil or a silver. You can also go onto the discrimination edit screen and create two tone ferrous while keeping your number of tones on 4 or multi, if that makes sense. You're absolutely right that the etrac loves discrimination, but you have to be care fully not to block out too much. I use a line across the bottom or a small "tadpole" pattern at the bottom right of the screen. You get some iron falsing, but it doesn't take too long to train your ears.
As for youtube, those vids got a shit load of views after he put those tags in and played with the categories. My most recent video is more like the others, in that it's sucking the hind tit lol. You can tell he didn't mess with that one! There is so much to learn about youtube and all of the little tips and tricks. I left every forum except this one, so I can focus on building my channel.
Reference URL's